What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
New brake blocks/ carriers at Evans in Plymouth. £19.98 for the set. Then found identical in Go Outdoors for £13.48, and they included extra sets of blocks.
Won't be going to Evans again in a hurry...

Evans will price match other retailers, even the much discounted prices of Wiggle, chain reaction etc.
I bought two chains from two different Evans stores in London yesterday both price matched to Wiggles price. One from £19.99 down to £8.88 saving £11.11 and the other from £14.99 down to £6.99 both less than half the original Evans price. Find what you want in Evans then google the price elsewhere to show them.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
As well as the two chains I bought yesterday for two bikes I also ordered an 11 speed chain for the Roubaix from Wiggle at 6:30 last night. Just picked it up from my cllect+ site 100 yards up the road. Didn't pay any extra for quick delivery just standard free and I picked it up 19 hours after ordering it on a Sunday evening.:smile::okay:

gbb

Legendary Member
I've procrastinated long enough, it's my wife's birthday(bear with me, I will get there) and I've gone to the Chinese takeaway for our tea....next door is my LBS. I've been aware my chains getting far too long in the tooth for ages but keep looking online for a bargain...yes, I'm a tightwad.
Enough....in my LBS...what 10 speed chains have you got ?
Tiagra, £21.99, probably full retail price..?..thatll do thanks.

Strike while the opportunity is there, good price or not, sometimes you just get fed up of messing about, just do it.

Philhh

4 continental 4 season 25mm tyres.I often ride on my own -punctures are a pain especially in winter-so I decided as I am having to have a little lay off due to medical concerns to make sure the when I got back on my bikes (2)- but one at a time-that I wasn't going to get upset with punctures so I replaced the Giant tires and the VictorIa zaffiro with these-a bit early in terms of wear -but as puncture proof as I think I can get.The other tires I'll keep for a sunny day-or something

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
A new chain and cassette for the hybrid.

Yes, it is finally going back on (and off) the road...:laugh:

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Altura Cruisers for the colder months.

I took my triban to my LBS after the chain kept on jumping off the small ring. I may need to replace it but i may just go for a complete new crankset

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Two sets of cleats.
1 set of SPD's and 1 set of SPD-SL
Fitting shall take place tomorrow, test rides Tuesday.

screenman

Legendary Member
3 bike stand, which is going to be cut to make a 2 bike and a 1 bike stand. The former to take when caravaning the latter for when bike washing.

Top Bottom