What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
A usb chargeable helmet light and a usb chargeable rear light. I also bought a bike stand that fits to the rear QR on my road bike. It's great.

freiston

Veteran
This weekend, I bought my bike a washing-up basket from B&Q - £8.00!

I've fitted a Racktime Snapit mounting fitting to it - so it attaches and releases from the top of my pannier rack. I'll post a picture later.

Pictures:
36749258224_c11ab24371_z.jpg
37410987496_6626b41b3b_z.jpg
36749236104_85e378c029_z.jpg

Last edited:
My 2 year old Leyzne strip pro battery failed on me last winter so I thought I'd get a replacement. Ive been browsing for a while but never pushed the button but I saw this today and after reading the road.cc review I acted on impulse. The battery life doesn't look the best but its usb rechargeable, the review says it can go on aero posts and its supposed to be group friendly, it was at an ok price https://www.rutlandcycling.com/accessories/lights/niterider-sabre-80-rechargeable-rear-light_380205

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
I’ve ordered a work stand. I borrowed a mates when I built up my single speed a few weeks ago and it made the job so much easier. I’ve been meaning to get one for a while now and as I’ve ordered a couple of bottom brackets and chains for 2 of my bikes it seemed as good a time as any to get one. I went for the Park Tools PSC-10.

bpsmith

Veteran
Been using the PCS-10 for 2 years now. Superb bit of kit. Albeit very hefty. Just one word of warning, after you’ve had it for a while.

Do not pull the top half up hard if it sticks. It unsticks and flies up fast, resulting in a rather large bump on the forehead! Lol

Sram hydraulic hose(current front is too short for the Lauf forks),Park spoke wrench,pre-glued tube patches and some Torq gels and bars including Adnams shandy ones.

My 2 year old Leyzne strip pro battery failed on me last winter so I thought I'd get a replacement. Ive been browsing for a while but never pushed the button but I saw this today and after reading the road.cc review I acted on impulse. The battery life doesn't look the best but its usb rechargeable, the review says it can go on aero posts and its supposed to be group friendly, it was at an ok price https://www.rutlandcycling.com/accessories/lights/niterider-sabre-80-rechargeable-rear-light_380205
Came today and on first impressions I'm very happy

View: https://youtu.be/mhDlQlZBPuM

carlton88

Guru
New bar tape and vintage style hoods for my Carlton.

Fitted these yesterday. Two minutes after fiddling with the bar tape and getting it as best as I could a gust of wind blew the back gate into the bike and knocked it out of its stand. And, guess what, the only thing slightly scuffed was the tape. I ask yer!

Last edited:

rivers

How far can I go?
Just bought a 500 lumen light. Cheap Amazon special for £13. Figure added with my bikehut Halfords light, it should be plenty bright enough when I'm headed to and from work in the dark.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Yet more narrow-profile puncture patches. I seem to use about 30 of the smallest size to every larger patch, thanks to Norfolk's flints and the ubiquitous car crash debris.

Shopping Basket

Price
Quantity
51ad1YEO-tL._AA100_.jpg

£12.54

717UQuHxwGL._AA100_.jpg

£5.49

71NonvB3LhL._AA100_.jpg

£28.99

61wfG5tcF4L._AA100_.jpg

£16.29

About to press buy, notice the gloves are out of stock, and the mount takes 4 weeks :-(

Top Bottom