What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Needed some Park puncture repair patches as I'd used the last of the shed stock a couple of weeks ago. Turns out Tweeks have them for £1.90 and to get free delivery (over £9) I brought 5 packs - the idea being that I can put the new ones in the bikes' saddle bags and keep the old ones in the shed for home repoairs.

This week I have mostly been buying;

Hope purple retainer ring and seat-post clamp for the other half's Kona
Hope black retainer ring for the XLS
Madison Trail shorts and Roam gloves from work

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
Had to buy a few bits this week. First up is a new freewheel for the single speed, splashed out on a White industries ENO freewheel.
I also bought a new KMC chain for the commuter bike
It’s time to winterise the Enigma so I bought a new set of tyres, went for Continental Grand Prix Gt’s. I’m also treating the enigma to some SKS raceblade clip on mudguards.
A set of cone spanners, some grease & a bottle of wet lube completed the order.

Some Hope stuff;

Floating discs
IMG_1405.jpg

And a R4+ light for some upcoming off-piste commutes (hopefully!);

IMG_1404.jpg

Grumpy_Git

Moly CV grease for my grrrrr grrrrr grrrrr graunchy bottom bracket

Found that the campagnolo gear cable wasn't long enough and the lbs didn't stock campagnolo cables so I ordered one and I was needing a pump after the 2 year old Lezyne failed so I ordered one to get free delivery. Before the Lezyne Lite Drive's failure I was quite pleased with it so Ive ordered a similar but more popular/reviewed version the Pressure Drive. Lol, I did buy brake cables at the LBS yesterday and went to fit them tonight to find the rear is about 10cm too short too so I've ordered a longer one too and to get free delivery I added a bottle of lube. :rolleyes:

the stupid one

Über Member
I foolishly dropped into the Found A Bargain? Do Tell . . . thread, followed the trail of sweeties from there to the Planet X website, and ended up ordering over £100 of gear at just after midnight. Sober, before you ask. Lots of little bits, plus tyres, a saddle, helmet, seatbag, and a couple of gold-standard Masterlock D-locks.

And I just checked back and found a bunch more stuff I'd have ordered if I'd spotted it. Thanks a lot, Cyclechat.

:angry:

^_^

Top Bottom