What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bpsmith

Veteran
Replacement lower headset bearing and Ultegra 6800 callipers for Bike 2. The Bianchi styled FSA Gossamer calipers are not in the best of condition after a few Winters.

Bargain Deda 120mm stem for a Bike 1. Going to give it a try as deliberately bought a snaller aero frame and it’s ever so slightly too short. It’s a White stem, so should be interesting. Will be a live it or hate it moment, but it’s cheap so not worried.

haha saved at the last minute. Aldi special by any chance ?

:-)

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Not for the bike but for me on the bike - left my cycling glasses with the optician for reglazing to the new prescription. I do have a spare pair that I can use in the meantime.

the stupid one

Über Member
Topeak Hexus II multi-tool. I thought I should have something with a chain tool included. Solid-looking piece of kit with 18 functions, no instructions, and an acre of packaging. Sorry, 0.404686 hectare of packaging. :blush:

EDIT: Beautiful pdf guide downloaded from Topeak's website. That thing is a chain hook, that thing is an air pressure release button, and that thing gets stones out of horses' hooves.

Last edited:

Randombiker9

Better bike pump (Floor pump with gage) as my current one was bad. :smile: (was only £9,99 (RRP was £24.99) pump :smile:) saved £15) GOOD BARGAIN :biggrin:

Last edited:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Used my last rim tape yesterday so of course another one falls to bits today :rolleyes:... so more rim tape.

Also mail-ordered a tasteless 1980s jersey for a period-correct ride, a longer SA 3-speed axle and matching indicator and a vacuum-mount bench vice to make life easier.

jayonabike