What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I didn't actually buy it today but it came today which was a bit of a surprise considering when I ordered it last week the ETA was 12 Sep to 19 Oct.
IMG_20170830_120508_677.jpg

bpsmith

Veteran
Pair of Ultegra 6800 callipers. Silly prices now that R8000 is here. £29 each.

Really like the look of the R8000's and the idea of having extra clearance, but at twice the price it wasn't worth it to me.

Pair of Ultegra 6800 callipers. Silly prices now that R8000 is here. £29 each.

Really like the look of the R8000's and the idea of having extra clearance, but at twice the price it wasn't worth it to me.
I ordered a 6800 chain set for less than half the cost of the r8000. I think the reviews of the r8000 is it was heavier and technically a step back; just it looked better.

Jason

Was looking at the Giant rapid 2, but it was sold out everywhere. Then the Giant store said we can order the Rapid 1 in size medium, and the rest is history :-)
Collecting on Saturday morning, fitted with bar ends and Shimano M520 SPD's .
Looking at the weather, I may take the train and cycle the 30 miles back, as a get to know you ride.
2017_GIANT_RAPID_1 (1).jpg

Justinitus

Warning: May Contain Pie
Was looking at the Giant rapid 2, but it was sold out everywhere. Then the Giant store said we can order the Rapid 1 in size medium, and the rest is history :-)
Collecting on Saturday morning, fitted with bar ends and Shimano M520 SPD's .
Looking at the weather, I may take the train and cycle the 30 miles back, as a get to know you ride.
]

That's a very nice machine indeed! Enjoy the ride home

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Chris king GXP Bottom Bracket
33t front chainring for sram red crankset

1 x clement strada lgg 28mm warranty tyre

Having a few problems citing my Roadhawk ride+ helmet cam on the vented helmet I have, so a couple of mounts (including an Exposure Joystick light mount that someone said the Roadhawk would fit), along with 100 zip ties for good measure ^_^^_^

Jason

A new lime green silicon case for the Garmin:
View attachment 370810

I already have a white case for the Garmin, but this one matches the best bike so how could I resist..?

:laugh:

that's a great way to match the 800 to the bike being ridden, I never thought of that :cheers:

bpsmith

Veteran
I ordered a 6800 chain set for less than half the cost of the r8000. I think the reviews of the r8000 is it was heavier and technically a step back; just it looked better.
What price did you get?

I very nearly bought a 165mm length one for £99, as want to test shorter cranks, but was away so put that on hold.

Interesting that it's a backwards step though. I guess 6800 was so good that it's hard not to step back when changing design so much.

What did you replace?

Johnno260

Veteran
needed to replace my broken shoes and wanted to try some SPD-SL.

Bought some Shimano R550 pedals, Shimano R171 shoes going rather cheap online as they were a display pair, and cleat covers.

What price did you get?

I very nearly bought a 165mm length one for £99, as want to test shorter cranks, but was away so put that on hold.

Interesting that it's a backwards step though. I guess 6800 was so good that it's hard not to step back when changing design so much.

What did you replace?
I got them for £140 from CRC.
Didn't have to do much,
Loosened of front mech (height bolt and cable bolt)
Swapped out the old shimano crank for the new. (Shimano say you need a special tool to remove the cap but that's nonsense IMO you just need a hex key to loosen the side bolts and once thats done you can unscrew the cap with you fingers. Similarly to refit if you screw the cap by hand and then tighten the side bolts its fine)
Retightened the front mech in a slightly higher position.
And fitted a new longer chain (using the sheldon method)
(although not technically needed I fitted a new cassette too to ensure it all ran smoothly :okay:)

Top Bottom