What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hepburn

I just ordered my first ever computer - a Garmin 520 - will pick it up later and looking forward to a play with it.

Not bought anything but been pricing up the cost of re-vamping the Planet X which may involve Lauf Grit forks,TRP brakes(Hy-Rd's or Hylex's) and bar-end shifter for the XT mech.

A Park Tools Chain Gauge, which proved my suspicions correct. Tomorrow's purchase will be an 11-speed chain to fill the newly formed gap on the shelf!

pjd57

Veteran
Paid Halfords to slime my tyres.
I know it gets mixed reviews but I'm planning a few out of the way runs , I'm hopeless with repairs and £6 a tyre seemed worth a punt.

So I went to get my bike out tonight.
Back tyre flat as a

There was a tear in the side of the tyre and a hole in the tube.

Wheel off. New tube in . Out the door and off to the football.

I'm blaming them for over inflating my tyres .
Need to get a new one in the morning.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
A bottle holder.

pjd57

Veteran
Was it messy from the slime?
Few drops, that's all.
Replacement slimed tube went in no bother and the ripped tyre made it to the football and home, then Halfords the next day. About 22 miles.
I thought the new tube would have to be binned , but no, they put it in the new tyre.
I sorta grudged paying them to put the tyre on but I was on a tight schedule.
No hassle. In and out in minutes.

Lot's of stuff this week-end,mainly some love for the XLS.

First some Sram Rival x1 shifter/brake levers and hydro callipers from jowwy of this parish.
A Sram Rival x1 long cage rear mech.
Hope carbon seat-post and clamp
Alpkit tail pack and bar pouch.

Not bought anything but been pricing up the cost of re-vamping the Planet X which may involve Lauf Grit forks,TRP brakes(Hy-Rd's or Hylex's) and bar-end shifter for the XT mech.

That went out of the window mainly due to not realising the Laufs are thru-axle so would need new wheels so put on hold until I recover some cash and source a hub/rim combo (poss Hope hubs with Halo Vapour 29' rims).

Top Bottom