What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
New crankset, bottom bracket, chain, and cassette - but as it's an older bike (only 6 or 7 years, but that seems to mean redundant parts now) with a 9 speed triple drivetrain, I had to order the crankset from Rose bikes in Germany!
It's a Specialized Secteur and as it's still in very good condition I reckon it was worth spending about £100 on it. It is Sora, but with a hollowtech BB so presumably similar to what used to be called Tiagra. Better than the original octalink stuff that came off it anyway.
Whilst I was at it, I gave it a good clean up too. Well pleased with the result......

DSC01702.JPG

DSC01703.JPG

mgs315

Lovely looking bike in the flesh,the promo pics dont do it justice...good prices allright.Has anyone dealt with Triton before?

Looking online they seem pretty good, just amazed how they’re by far the cheapest place. Oh well, it’s on the credit card for extra security so I’m happy to gamble and will keep this updated. Expect I want it now damn it! Haha :laugh:

This week I have mostly been buying Miche crank bolt,IRC Raceguard tubeless 28mm tyres,Effetto sealant 60ml pouches and IRC tyre levers.

Might be a pricey month as we have a Hope promotion on and the Ridley rep is in on Tuesday:whistle:

Elysian_Roads

Lovely looking bike in the flesh,the promo pics dont do it justice...good prices allright.Has anyone dealt with Triton before?
Only for a mech hanger, and actually because there was supply issues and delays, the LBS got one in first, so cancelled the order. Refunded without an issue, so as far as that goes they seemed okay.

Heigue'r

Veteran
Looking online they seem pretty good, just amazed how they’re by far the cheapest place.:laugh:

Yes,these are the prices I would expect in october.Ive got my eye on the pro disc zero.

Heigue'r

Veteran
Nice. Rather jealous of the budget! I’ll let you know how it goes.
Thanks..The only reason id have the budget is by cycling to work and saving £15 per day.Its an aweful pity that the pro1 disc is the colour it is otherwise would have been more than happy with the spec.The bike that you have bought is a really nice bike and I look forward to the pics once it arrives.

Elysian_Roads

A combination of items for bike and me.

Decided to get some flat pedals with pins for the MTB, but not wanting to spend a lot and then find out I didn't like them, dropped into Decathlon while on today's ride and got a £10 own brand pair.

Then bought a pair of sunglasses with the interchangeable lenses. Again Decathlon own brand, half price at £14.99.

To carry the bits home, a neat little 10ltr rucksack that packs down to a size not much larger than a small sausage roll, and at £1.99 not much more than the price of aforesaid delicacy. Was also handy to carry the helmet liner and buff that were surplus on today's ride.

Top Bottom