What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Some big hills on route that I have to take the dog, without power assist I would have no chance of getting up them. Presently I would not be surprised if the bike was getting close to 35kg (motor plus biggest battery available) trailer is 14kgs, dog about 19kgs and the return journey maybe an extra 24kgs. Power assist or not capable of doing it. I must say that bike with power assist looks staggeringly cheap.

Look at the bakefiets further down from International sellers

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_...+cargo.TRS0&_nkw=electric+cargo+bike&_sacat=0

It appears Dutch don't always translate into English very well!

Last edited:
Some big hills on route that I have to take the dog, without power assist I would have no chance of getting up them. Presently I would not be surprised if the bike was getting close to 35kg (motor plus biggest battery available) trailer is 14kgs, dog about 19kgs and the return journey maybe an extra 24kgs. Power assist or not capable of doing it. I must say that bike with power assist looks staggeringly cheap.

Ours is limited to the relatively flat plateau we live in. I took it down into one local valley on two occasions (because someone wanted to make a film here), but other than that I use the Xtracycle.

Which reminds me, I've just bought a BB for the Xtracycle. Is that sufficiently back in thread?

20200116_172624.jpg

For the installation of the star nut on the Merida.

Drago

Legendary Member
Sime new Lizard Skin bar tape for my Pinnacle Sportive/all round genereal duties steed. Its patterned but mainly brown to go with the black frame/brown saddle colour theme. Not cheap at 30 sovs, but in my experience the Lizard Skin bar tape is supremely comfortable and peerlessly hard wearing.

Sime new Lizard Skin bar tape for my Pinnacle Sportive/all round genereal duties steed. Its patterned but mainly brown to go with the black frame/brown saddle colour theme. Not cheap at 30 sovs, but in my experience the Lizard Skin bar tape is supremely comfortable and peerlessly hard wearing.

I considered getting good quality tape, but then I reasoned that I'll need to practice a bit as I've not applied the stuff before, so I got a couple of cheap rolls.

sleuthey

Legendary Member
Got one of these on Tues and tried it out today. I was disappointed when it arrived as it's thin and has a really clingy band. However after 5 mins both ways I forgot about the band and it kept me very warm whilst not feeling bulky under the helmet. It's won me over.
Screenshot_20200116-202256.png

Heigue'r

Veteran
Some campagnolo Khamsin wheels to replace the zondas on the commuter..pretty disappointed with the zondas overall,This is the second set that the brake track has worn away really quickly.
Some durano plus tyres to try and combat the crap roads/lanes I commute on,4 punctures on tuesday on michelin pro 4 rear tyre with a few hundred miles on them,glass,staple,flint and failed repair
Some new brake blocks

Justinitus

Warning: May Contain Pie
A couple of new Ortlieb saddle bags arrived today. I had a Tredz £10 discount voucher which needed using up...

A Micro 0.8l as my everyday bag and a Saddle Bag 2 4.1l for when I need some capacity. Brackets mounted on both bikes so I can switch the bags around as and when as they use the same qr mount. Really pleased with them!

Alberto Balsam

A new Shimano 34/50 chainset (and associated BB - cos the old chainset was an FSA). I'm replacing the bike's original 36/46 set up cos I really wasn't getting on with it... I went out for a quick 5 miles on the new set up and it feels tons better already. A very minor teak was needed to the front mech end stop when I got back but that was all. Looking forward to a bigger ride out on it now. ^_^^_^

Top Bottom