What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
For what? Never seen such such thing before.

Glad I'm not the only one.

BigMeatball

Just bought

- muc off drivetrain cleaner and bike chain wet lube
- park tool chain scrubber tool and a couple of extra brushes

Next weekend is going to be fun. My drivetrain and chain are disgusting.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Insurance & breakdown cover.

My home & contents insurance is due for renewal this month and Priviledge have reduced the amount of cover for higher value items (bikes in my case) so, having followed a couple of previous threads, I had a look at Aviva. Their premium insurance seems to provide a much higher level of at home cover and up to £2000 away from home cover. This would cover all my bikes, including the Spa Elan which is separately insured at the moment, so the increased premium will be more than negated by not needing to renew that.

Also I've decided to try out ETA Cycle Rescue in the hope that I never need it.

Gunk

Guru
Micro pump arrived today so emergency kit all sorted

E64B5D4C-3828-463C-BCF0-BBEC0443F63D.jpeg

D5B75C03-34DA-4472-9BBE-72545DBC4845.jpeg

A shiny new 12-28 cassette to replace the 11_25 that's currently on my road bike

rivers

How far can I go?
Looking at the long range weather forecast, I broke down and bought myself a turbo. Just a dumb one, and with a few free trials (swift, trainer road), combined with BC and a few other workouts, I should be on track for my big rides this season.

A new 10 speed chain fitted this morning , the other worked ok with the new cassette but it was noisy, I was surprised at the difference when I laid them side by side, I didn't think it was that worn , ah well all working fine and buttery smooth and quite, I cant be doing with noisy transmission I like the only the sound of tyres on tarmac and my breathing panting for breath.

carlosfandangus

Über Member
A new 10 speed chain fitted this morning , the other worked ok with the new cassette but it was noisy, I was surprised at the difference when I laid them side by side, I didn't think it was that worn , ah well all working fine and buttery smooth and quite, I cant be doing with noisy transmission I like the only the sound of tyres on tarmac and my breathing panting for breath.
I have recently swapped chains too... my chain measuring thingy's (2 different makes) were saying nearly at 75% (11speed) however I was also surprised at the length new to old when laid side by side, however this was existing Shimano and a new FSA that I know wont last long

Top Bottom