What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
New cassette and 2 chains for the MTB - not done bad, last cassette has lasted 4 years off road with 2 chains and one big chainring.

The FS MTB has had a fair few bits this year due to use and wear, new rear tyre £45, rear wheel bearings £15, frame bearings £40, new grips £20, new cassette and chains £100, new freehub bearings £20. Set to doube last year's hours on the bike easily. :laugh:

Set of Koolstop Continental Salmon brake shoes/blocks for the Madison Revell.

7 speed freewheel 13-28 to give me one more gear and 1 less tooth then the old 6 speed 14-28 for more speed . Set of 7 speed shifters and some mtb riser bars for the stoker position all on the tandem. Also replaced the squeaky non serviceable crappy plastic pedals with some MKS Sylvan touring pedals .

overmind

My other bike is a Pinarello
I bought an adjustable headset for my Triban 3 from Decathon.

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/adjustable-aheadset-oversize-stem/_/R-p-11133?mc=8272094

Below is an example review (from the link above).

I bought this adjustable stem because I've been having trouble getting down on the drops on my road bike, hardly ever used them because I find it uncomfortable, (I'm getting old!!), solved the problem with this stem, raised the bars enough to make using the drops comfortable again. Very useful item, would recommend to anyone who struggles using their drop bars.

I rode it back from the shop and the riding position is much more relaxed. I am riding from Reading to Oxford (and back) tomorrow. It will be interesting to see the effect. I've get the angle about 30 degrees above on the usual angle.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
A third hand bike tool for brake adjustment. I have never ever used one before, using bits of cord and more recently cable ties.
So I have now bought one late on in life.

1600364159003.png

Gear hanger for my daughter's hybrid which snapped off. Not like the old days when i had to bin an MTB frame after some over exuberance in the New Forest :laugh:

Don't be surprised if you end up with 2 BB adapters. I had to get a new Hollotech II BB earlier this year and the blurb clearly stated no adapter to fit the standard Hollotech/SRAM tool was included so one was added to the order. When it was delivered, I opened the BB box to check it and packed in the top of it was...
It didn't actually, I was expecting it would too, but I guess that's why Sigma sports was £4 cheaper than everyone else.

IMG_20200917_173324_135.jpg

gavgav

Guru
I’ve bought myself a new bike! :hyper: Been wanting a lighter Gravel Bike, to replace my heavy Hybrid, for a while and always been impressed with Genesis Bikes. So after looking for the 2020 models, recently and finding everything out of stock in my size, the 2021 Croix de Fer has come into stock, ordered yesterday and is arriving tomorrow!!

Can’t wait to get it out on the road.

Top Bottom