What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

weareHKR

🎅

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Front track wheel for my son via eBay. It's a cheap one but given he'll do only a few track sprints a year it'll be fine:

s-l1600.jpg

Seller also had a track disc which went cheaply at £156

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
A set of single chainring bolts. I'm too spinny a rider to ever need the 50T ring.
It's obviously not that I'm too unfit to ride at over 20mph. Obviously...
Also looking at getting my 531ST powdercoated, probably in RAL6027. :becool:

Had to go into Wakefield this morning, to the Bank

As one of my front lights was playing up, & turning itself off at times, I decided to get another
(10 year old Smart 'Egg'??)

I was tempted by the 1000lumen Halfords own brand, but it seems that it's now discontinued, so ended up buying their 500

https://www.halfords.com/cycling/bi...vanced-500-lumen-front-bike-light-253318.html

The only issue with it, is the silicone strap, due to the weight/balance of the light - it might rotate?

There is a separate mount available, which was enclosed with the '1000', but I'll have to buy separately now
https://www.halfords.com/cycling/bike-accessories/bike-lights/halfords-front-out-mount-253270.html

British Cycling discount used

Nipped to Halfords at dinnertime & bought the mount
It's very.... flexible

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Bits and pieces:

My Avanti Circa has 'interesting' brakes in that the front basically doesn't work and the back barely does despite setting them up OK and putting decent pads on. They're Avid Shorty 6 cantilever so I've bought a replacement Shimano CX50 to try on the front.

Bought a pair of Tubolito S-Tubo tubes for my son's new race wheels for him to test. Given the price they'd better be really good: it was these or latex ones.

Also some cleaner for the ultrasonic parts cleaner my son got me as a Christmas present.

GeekDadZoid

Ãœber Member
But of a haul arrived today.

Lomo Gillet for when it gets a bit warmer and I don't want to wear a full jacket. It's nice and thin so I think it will fit in the saddleback. Some overshoes which I hope will help the really cold feet I have been getting and the kickfix attachment so I can fit my Carradice handlebar bag on the road bike. I picked the bag up for a few quid on Facebook market place before Christmas but needed the bits to fit it. If I get on with the mounting / style I'll probably treat myself to the superc one. I just need to retro fit the light bar to the base of it as these did not have the fitting for one.

IMG_20210107_171826.jpg

IMG_20210107_171848.jpg

IMG_20210107_135435.jpg

IMG_20210107_135010.jpg

Top Bottom