What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Johnsco

Old Fettler
I like the description of the Titanium alloy as 3Al / 2.5V Aerospace grade.
There are a number of Aerospace grades.
I did quite a bit of ultrasonic testing of machining bar-stock in Ti-64 (Titanium 6Al 4V) some years ago.
This was for Air Bus.

Chap sur le velo

Über Member
Last week went window shopping\tyre kicking in London.

Lower regent st has a large Assos store a few doors away from the huge Pinarello one. In the latter they had a range of accessories that were unfamiliar to me. Everything black. The one thing that caught my eye was a 'dummy' water bottle sized tool bag. This one had a waterproof zip so it opened in two full length halves.

Like everything else in the store, there wasn't a price tag on it, and I thought it wouldn't be cool to ask.

Anyone have the name of the brand or a link to a rival version?

Been itching for one ever since...

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
New saddle for the BMX.

Gunk

Guru
Last week went window shopping\tyre kicking in London.

Lower regent st has a large Assos store a few doors away from the huge Pinarello one. In the latter they had a range of accessories that were unfamiliar to me. Everything black. The one thing that caught my eye was a 'dummy' water bottle sized tool bag. This one had a waterproof zip so it opened in two full length halves.

Like everything else in the store, there wasn't a price tag on it, and I thought it wouldn't be cool to ask.

Anyone have the name of the brand or a link to a rival version?

Been itching for one ever since...

Is this the sort of thing you’re looking for? I bought mine off eBay earlier this year. I now carry a spare inner tube, multi tool, some tyre levers, patches, disposable gloves and a micro pump, which I have tested and it will put enough air in the tyre to get home. I have just bought a better multi tool with a chain tool so I’ll add a quick link as well.

061E6E78-D5E4-4FBB-8A4D-6C14C747BC15.jpeg

9ED67801-0905-45AC-A3D6-266B34097711.jpeg

Chap sur le velo

Über Member
Is this the sort of thing you’re looking for? I bought mine off eBay earlier this year. I now carry a spare inner tube, multi tool, some tyre levers, patches, disposable gloves and a micro pump, which I have tested and it will put enough air in the tyre to get home. I have just bought a better multi tool with a chain tool so I’ll add a quick link as well.

View attachment 563642

View attachment 563643
Yes that's what I want. What would you search under.

And what light multitool do people recommend?

I would add a couple of masks - hopefully not for to much longer.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable

Multi tool - Topeak Alien II

I love this multi tool and it comes with an excellent chain breaker. Shop around though. I have two of these multi tools (one for each bike). The first cost £40 and the second £20 (this was a couple of years ago).

Gunk

Guru

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/383536096939

I’ve just bought a Topeak Hexus X as a better multi tool. The basic Decathlon tool is OK but a bit limited

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I'm splashing out; 4 new brake pads for the Raleigh I'm re-building.

The massive expense will increase later when I order some replacement decals. The question I'm currently pondering is: Do I buy a standard 'Raleigh' one as the red/gold one that matches is from a Super Lenton which this isn't PLUS a nice '1968-72 heron' decal as that's mostly gone AND spend even more on a 'High Tensile Steel Tubing' decal as that's only got a bit left too. Decision, decisions ... :unsure:

Alternatively I could just not bother and clean the whole lot off the frame. I've no idea what year it actually is from as the frame number doesn't match the decals or the shifters/saddle/chainguard which appear to be from a late 1960's shopping bike and the wheels are dated 1966. The frame decal is 1950's and the red/gold a Lenton - neither of which it actually is. Oh, and the head tube dates it as 1968-72 :wacko: .

Or ... :whistle: ... I could order a 531 set and give the bike a pedigree it's never due ;)

True. The head badge is fine, it's there's a copy of it on the seat tube. Not buying any decals would save about £20 but leave the bike decal-less apart from one odd one on the chainstay.

But is that £20 worth the headache? ;) The other option is going down the DIY route, Blue Peter stylee, with sticky-backed plastic :laugh:

Top Bottom