What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gunk

Guru
I ordered a bench mounted repair stand today, this will enable me to restore and build up a frame over my workbench rather than have to get a full sized tripod stand out every time. (space is tight in my garage) It should make future rebuilds and restorations just that bit easier.

Also ordered a ton of parts for my forthcoming Claud Butler Majestic restoration.

Willd

Veteran
A rear light, as it's nearly dark by 3.30 :rolleyes:. Seemed to be ok on Saturday when it was pretty foggy, didn't help much with the muppet in a Range Rover who pulled out right in front of me though :evil:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Spare front & rear thru axles for the 29er.

So much for the new standard of wheel location - there appears to by so many sizes, thread lengths, thread pitches, etc (Brand X do at least half a dozen variants alone) compared to QRs.

And I bought a new bike a few days ago!

I normally spend 3-5 months each winter in India. I have a heavy steel Indian bike, which does the job of getting me around for fun and errands, but it has become very rusty.

So, although I won’t be there this winter, I saw the bike I want to take with me and I think this one will do the job. Single speed with a flip-flop back wheel, which I won’t be using, at a touch over 200 quid.

I’m hoping that this time next year I’ll have broken it in.

Attachments

• 0C5BE982-801B-4809-BA95-60101F2426C2.jpeg
    0C5BE982-801B-4809-BA95-60101F2426C2.jpeg
    170 KB · Views: 8
  • C02F9E9E-4C15-4120-9DE3-01EC39A8FBB4.jpeg
    C02F9E9E-4C15-4120-9DE3-01EC39A8FBB4.jpeg
    193.5 KB · Views: 8

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Been an expensive evening; second pair of race wheels, lightweight for hillier events, for my son bought via a last 2-second bid on eBay (Prime BlackEdition 28 disc wheels with tyres), PlanetX's £20 torque wrench offer (my Christmas present to me) plus some chains before any 2021 price rise and a new track chain to replace the cheap one on my Holdsworth track bike that crunches and clanks whenever I use it.

The best part of £600 spent this evening as a result, but it means we're all set up for 2021 racing when son's team bike arrives at some point.

The wheels that come with his bike will be sold to offset some of the cost though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom