What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Punkawallah

Über Member
View attachment 730114
Ordered a couple of sets of these to fit the Shimano RSX cranksets on my Repco and my Cannondale.
The 34/50 front on both bikes (to replace 36/46 on both bikes) will give me the range of gears I'm after and hopefully allow me on my 80's and 90's bikes to keep pace with my mates on more modern bikes with modern gearing.
Both sets including delivery to Australia from SJS Cycles in the UK for just over $70 AUD, a bargain.

Are they still for sale? Link, please!

lazybloke

Considering a new username
I realised a few weeks ago that the bottom bracket on the Mountain bike was feeling a little rough, so I purchased a new one. Unfortunately it was a SRAM DUB BSA bracket, which I then realised I didn't have a tool for, so I then purchased one of those. Then reading through the tech docs, I realised that the crankset needed 54 nm of torque to reinstall. Now my other bike runs a Race Face crank that is currently giving me a lot of grief, because the retaining bolt keeps working loose, long story short, I think I've goosed it because I failed to torque it up to the 61 nm it requires on re-assembly.

So this is all a long winded way of saying that I've finally descended down the rabbit hole of looking at Torque wrenches and purchased a 10 - 110 nm torque wrench for all of the high torque fasteners, it should be here on Friday. It's not a massive fancy pants digital one, but a hopefully descent click style wrench that should help avoid causing any more damage in the future. Hopefully I can also now start to look at replacing that bottom bracket!

I fitted a new BB in 2019.
Thanks for the reminder; I still haven't got round to torquing it up properly.

chriswoody

Legendary Member
I fitted a new BB in 2019.
Thanks for the reminder; I still haven't got round to torquing it up properly.
To be fair, I did say it was the crankset I was concerned about. I've not had any problems with bottom brackets not being torqued sufficiently, modern cranksets are another matter though with there higher torque values.

Frustratingly I may need to purchase a new crankset due to not taking enough care, but at least I have a torque wrench now and lesson learnt.

ExBrit

Über Member
After the rear tire on my e-bike developed unsightly bulges I replaced it with a 40mm Schwalbe touring tire.
View: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001IHUC0W?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1&psc=1

It is very beefy tire for someone used to road tires. I took it for a test ride on some rutted bike paths and single-track and I love it.

IMG_20240508_184030628.jpg

Last edited:

Gwylan

Veteran
Well I risked staring financial ruin in the face and stumped up for a new phone holder.
The previous one is on a campsite somewhere.
All of £1.50 and all the way from China. Totally loony system.

Jameshow

Veteran
Not especially for the bike but robust trainers for a tenner...

https://www.screwfix.com/p/northcape-grafter-non-safety-trainers-black-size-9/933jj
IMG-20240509-WA0009.jpeg

IMG-20240509-WA0011.jpeg

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Four pairs of track wheel nuts; son no. 2's grasstrack bike's got rusty nuts throughout, which is likely to get a complaint from the commissaires. Mine's got one rusty nut and it'll give a couple of spares.

Also a Dura-Ace LH shifter via eBay which will have a home at some point shortly ...

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Some bibshirts and waterproof socks from the Polaris sale. The shorts fit and seem great, but havent been tested on a bike yet. Will try them tomorrow and consider whether another pair is a good choice.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
2 spare inner tubes for my Devon bike.

I thought that I had left some down here but in fact I had been relying on ones in my backpack, which I left behind this time.

I have bought a saddle pack and another pump and tools but had forgotten the tubes. I prefer not to repair tubes at the roadside if I can avoid doing so.

Top Bottom