What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scotchlovingcylist

Formerly known as Speedfreak
Full bike fettle, had stripped this down to sell due to not being needed and being knackered but have recently got back into it so have invested in some bits.
Charge spoon saddle back on, new bottom bracket, chainset and chain. Rear cassette is skipping very slightly on new chain but hoping it'll settle in.
Full lube and oil, brakes realigned and tightened. Rides pretty well again now.
Had to leg it inside to finish due to the weather, don't tell the missus :whistle:
20170726_133106.jpg

Jenkins

Legendary Member
New chain, cassette, rear disc rotor and pads fitted on the Cube then all four brake pads changed and a full clean for the Ventus used mostly for commuting.

D

Deleted member 1258

Having had this mornings ride end early due to a flat, my first this year, caused by a failed tube, the tube had split under the patch at the site of an old puncture, I managed to get a patch on it at the roadside, things being complicated by my spare tube not being in my saddle bag where it was suposed to be, it was on the shed floor when I got home. This afternoon I have been messing around with tubes. A root round on the shelf in the shed produced a brand new tube to go in the bike, an inspection of the spare showed up a leaking patch so I was back on the shelf to find one that wasn't leaking, I also found a new tube of glue and some more patches to top up the puncture kit. Now I'm all ready for my next ride.

Last edited by a moderator:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'm not sure if the freehub on my rear wheel is sticking ...
The freehub on my singlespeed bike definitely IS sticking. If I push the bike along the road, the chain drives the cranks round! The freehub is very noisy too so I think I will strip it down, clean it, and give it a few drops of very light lube.

I rode 116 miles on the bike during last Saturday's Humber Bridge ride. I am fairly hard of hearing but I could still clearly hear the racket that the chain was making going round the chain tensioner so I fettled that today. I slightly reduced the tension, which helped. I also discovered that the jockey wheel was slightly out of alignment with the sprocket and chainring so I corrected that by making a few mms of lateral adjustment. I did a 10 mile test ride this evening and I think that the noise from the transmission when pedalling has been reduced by over 50%.

si_c

Guru
Stopped midride yesterday to fettle the cable tension on the rear derailleur. The chain was skipping between the biggest three sprockets, which I found out on a 10% hill.

Top Bottom