What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
£30 eBay bike stripped down to bare frame and forks, ready for blasting and powdercoating. Will then be "donated" to my work bike.

potsy

Rambler
New pads fitted to commuter, chain 'mickled' and frame wiped down.
All ready to get dirty again tomorra :bicycle:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
2 bikes stripped down and cleaned.
About 4 hours worth of fettling in the conservatory whilst listening to the rain beat down. (With Husker Du, Therapy? and ZZ Top blaring in the background)
The Kona Honky Commuter now looks as sparkly new as when I bought it a couple of months ago and is now ready to roll for monday's commute.
The Spesh Roubaix Elite. Took everything off and apart, cleaned, greased lubed and put back together.
Removed bar tape to re-position the STI's a bit lower as I put them too high when I replaced them. So all ready for next weeks Southed FNRttC. (Though if tomorrow afternoon is dry then may go for a little spin)

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I woke up really early this morning and decided to paint a bike.

I don`t mean physically take hold of a bike and paint it. I mean take a canvass and brushes and paint a bike ^_^

Steve

Herzog

Swinglish Mountain Goat
I'm gradually giving the Bianchi the full once over before the start of my racing season. Stripped and re-greased headset and BB, tweaked STI position.

Tomorrow I'm planning to install some Dura Ace downtube shifters on the commuter, getting rid of the semi-knackered STIs.

Mark Grant

Acting Captain of The St Annes Jombulance.
I finally got around to building a Shimano dynohub into the front wheel of my Galaxy.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Has anybody tried the 'long' version of the Raceblades?
Don't know if it's the same issue as cruds with lack of clearance/rubbing etc, but look interesting.

They are fantastic, I couldn't fit cruds running 25mm tyres on my Specialized Roubaix. I have fitted 23mmtyres before the Raceblade Longs which may have helped.

They are really easy to fit, very easy to quickly remove/re-fit. You are left with two silver metal hangers poking out under your brake calipers (I have black calipers so may paint these Black at the weekend) if you want to keep refitting a fast and simple (tool free excercise) Fixing an inner tube may take a few minutes more roadside as you have to re-attach the holders to the wheel QR.

Zero rub (this morning was my first run with them on) Almost zero noise the only bit that made noises over bumps was the front top attachment that flaps around a bit and IMO is too long so I might cut it down a little tonight. If anything they are more sturdy/firm than my other bike that has lugs and attachments. Ran thorough loads of puddles this morning and stayed dry. They do not protect the front mech but I can live with that. Will report back on my first rainy run, sometime this week no doubt.

Paul J

Fettled nothing on my bike today but fixed my petrol lawnmower. The diaphram had perished so it was hunting and clogging up the spark plug as it was running rich. Only cost £2 for the part.

potsy

Rambler
They are fantastic, I couldn't fit cruds running 25mm tyres on my Specialized Roubaix. I have fitted 23mmtyres before the Raceblade Longs which may have helped.

They are really easy to fit, very easy to quickly remove/re-fit. You are left with two silver metal hangers poking out under your brake calipers (I have black calipers so may paint these Black at the weekend) if you want to keep refitting a fast and simple (tool free excercise) Fixing an inner tube may take a few minutes more roadside as you have to re-attach the holders to the wheel QR.

Zero rub (this morning was my first run with them on) Almost zero noise the only bit that made noises over bumps was the front top attachment that flaps around a bit and IMO is too long so I might cut it down a little tonight. If anything they are more sturdy/firm than my other bike that has lugs and attachments. Ran thorough loads of puddles this morning and stayed dry. They do not protect the front mech but I can live with that. Will report back on my first rainy run, sometime this week no doubt.
Good stuff LOCO, will definitely keep an eye on them and get some if I can, only trouble is I've put 25's on the bike so not sure they'd fit properly?
The qr fitting bit is a slight downside but can live with that I suppose. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom