What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
06F06309-51CA-47E9-900C-CBCAAE4120B0.jpeg

And I repaired my left glove as the Velcro & magnetic strap ratchet thingy had come out of the recess it’s fitted into. A dab of Gorilla glue should sort it.

keithmac

Guru
Spent last 7+ years sorting the house + gardens etc (to be fair 13years!).

Yesterday was working on the caravan ready for our holiday, brand new tyres etc.

Spent today "pruning" the hedge and parking my old lady ready for the resoration she deserves.

Gearbox rebuild, new belts, some welding and painting, new rear calipers, all new brake lines etc.

G60 rebuild and complete rewire. She's special, not many 16vG60's about and deserves a proper restoration!.

20180709_202251.jpg

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Disentangled a considerable length of fine black nylon twine from my drivetrain. :blush:

How the hell that got in there, I shall never know - only noticed it when getting ready for this afternoon's bimble. :wacko: Must've picked it up on Saturday night at some point. And no, it's not off my clothing - I checked...

Could be thread from the tyres. My gatorskins shed it from where the sidewall meets the rim. Not an issue but continentals have a reputation for it.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I decided that it was time to lube my (new-ish) chain, which I had let run on its factory grease for long enough. While I was doing that I remembered that my pedals had been driving me crazy on an all-day ride last Saturday. They had been squeaking with nearly every pedal stroke so I lubed them too. I will go for a test ride tomorrow and see if the noise has gone.

It is amazing how annoying an unwanted noise can be when one is toiling up a 20% Yorkshire climb in baking heat! :wacko:

Could be thread from the tyres. My gatorskins shed it from where the sidewall meets the rim. Not an issue but continentals have a reputation for it.

Wiggy is Kenda shod. :scratch:

Best guess is it's probably thread from the netting they use for hay bales. They've been baling near where I've been riding; one of the farms on Downham Hythe is a major local supplier.

Does your bike have massive sideburns?

:giggle:

No, but does an application of cat hairs count? :unsure:

Top Bottom