What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
I got my front pannier rack fitted! Had to drill new friggin bolt holes in the rack to do it but it looks and feels sturdy enough.

1st ride to work this morning since fitting the mudguards: up the hill from my house to the main road I'm thinking "crikey (edited cos cr@p's a bad word), these guards must weigh a ton!"
By the time I got to work (5 mins tops) I'm puffing like a good'un.
Yep, I'd managed to lock the front brake on!

Last edited:

si_c

Guru
1st ride to work this morning since fitting the mudguards: up the hill from my house to the main road I'm thinking "crikey (edited cos cr@p's a bad word), these guards must weigh a ton!"
By the time I got to work (5 mins tops) I'm puffing like a good'un.
Yep, I'd managed to lock the front brake on!
Haha, easy done, I had the rear brake rubbing for around a week once, which was less than great.

simonali

Guru
I tried to get my new wheels to fit and failed again for the umpteenth time. Getting properly peed off with the entire concept now. The bike currently has odd wheels and tyres fitted, as I had to adjust the brake caliper to fit the front wheel and then realised I couldn't do the same on the rear because I don't have the required tool to complete the job. This has been going on for almost a month now!

:cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :banghead:

JhnBssll

Veteran
Converted the Stumpjumper to tubeless this evening :okay:

Both tires are now flat :rolleyes:

I will investigate another day :laugh:

JhnBssll

Veteran
I investigated this evening. They're still both flat. I'll investigate again tomorrow and see if anything has changed :okay::laugh:

Bearings tightened on the Bianchi's front wheel as a bit of play had developed. New cassette arrived today too so that was fitted, just waiting on the chainset and chain now and it'll be up and running again ^_^

20180917_183731.jpg

Two new blue bottle cages arrived for the commuter so I fitted them and popped the existing bottle cage on the Raleigh. George was pleased, I think she's going to issue brownie points for my efforts :becool:

20180917_184032.jpg

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I am trying to track down and eliminate an elusive and annoying creaking/clicking noise from my CAAD 5 road bike. I wondered whether the cassette might be the source so I took it off and cleaned it, then greased everything and refitted it.

I was about to go for a test ride, but decided that it might be better to spend the time taking the cassette back off and assembling it as:

... cog/spacer/cog/spacer/cog/spacer ....

Rather than my first attempt:

... cog/spacer/spacer/cog/cog/spacer ....

:blush: :laugh:

JhnBssll

Veteran
I am trying to track down and eliminate an elusive and annoying creaking/clicking noise from my CAAD 5 road bike. I wondered whether the cassette might be the source so I took it off and cleaned it, then greased everything and refitted it.

I was about to go for a test ride, but decided that it might be better to spend the time taking the cassette back off and assembling it as:

... cog/spacer/cog/spacer/cog/spacer ....

Rather than my first attempt:

... cog/spacer/spacer/cog/cog/spacer ....

:blush: :laugh:

Not just me then :okay::laugh:

Top Bottom