What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Slightly alarming that the cables are slack - smacks of something bent somewhere...Bars?

Hence the intended trip to the LBS. I can't see anything obviously wrong, but a more experienced eye may spot something that I haven't...

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I'll definitely check it out more thoroughly.

All the levers do work (microshift) but the downshift feels a bit clunky. I can't test them while riding thanks to the crocked knee.

Also need to strip off the bar tape as well as it's beyond redeemable. Although to be fair, it's been beyond redeemable for a while... :blush:
Bet mine is worse.

DSCN0179.JPG

si_c

Guru
Had a bad commute home yesterday, chain was skating over the top of the cassette constantly and on top of that the derailleur was skipping side to side as well. Convinced I had a worn chain/cassette so when I got home I checked the chain, not worn at all, but it was totally dry and squeaking when I turned the cranks - it's been wet the last couple of days and I'm still using dry lube. Lubricated the chain, sprayed a ton of WD40 on the rear derailleur and then put it in big/big and re-indexed the gears. Now running perfectly.

Top Bottom