I realised on the test ride that one of the shifters was about a couple of mm higher than the other one ( which wasn’t easy to spot on the stand ). This made for an uncomfortable ride towards the end, so I unwrapped the bar ( that’ll teach me not to test it before wrapping the bars up ) and pushed the offending shifter down to level with the other one. Now I’ve got a new issue, the callipers have a maximum drop of 51mm. The issue is that with the pads that were supplied, even when pitched and toed correctly, it looks like I need about another mm to be comfortably on the braking track. At the moment the top of the pads are just making contact with the tyre at the rim interface. I’m going to try some different pads, and if that doesn’t work, go for some long drop callipers.