What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Shortened the half-link chain by one link on the orange Carlton Corsa and it's now no longer floppy. Also fitted a front Dia-Compe brake so the bike is road legal, with an orange cable outer of course.

DSCF6335.JPG

Last edited:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...

Shearwater Missile

Über Member
Adjusted the FD stop adjuster on my Vitus Venon as there was a little bit of chain rub when in the higher gears. To be fair I had`nt really noticed until I was checking it out in the garage as you do.
The Claude Butler Roubaix got a 20mm section of outer cable removed on the RD as the cable just looked too long from where it comes out of the shifter. Just me being pedantic but at least it matches the FD cable. Then of course I had to re-index them. Hav`nt tested on the road yet, a job for tomorrow,

Last edited:

rugby bloke

Veteran
A 2 stage process -
Saturday; Unpacked, cleaned and rebuilt the bike and degreased the chain and cassette.
Tonight; Inflated the tyres, relubed the chain and made some adjustments to the handlebar angle
A very quick spin to check everything felt right, going to take it out for a longer ride tomorrow.

Last edited:

tom73

Guru
I've been thinking about having a spare one or two high 5 tabs for longer rides and days out on the bike.
I thought about just putting them in bit of foil or the like. But did not fancy the clean up if they got wet or turned to dust.
So I've just finished a tube and thought what about .... So out came the little axe saw and problem fixed.
Enough for 2 tabs no mess, simple to keep topped up and quite nifty :smile:

Attachments

• IMG_3007.JPG
    IMG_3007.JPG
    150.6 KB · Views: 18
Top Bottom