What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Should have been simple - swop the tyres on my road bike, hour and a half later... Everything that could go wrong did:o) tyre on wrong way round - corrected - oh flip it was correct first time:banghead: -fitted on correctly and tried to pump inner tube up - valve failed:evil: all off, new inner tube and tyre refitted but did not spot the slight misfit so pumped up and found the inner tube bulging out of the tyre:angry:. Sorted that out and finally got the rear wheel done. Then the turn of the front wheel which thankfully went okay.
Seriously? Never happened to me.......not this week anyway! Sounds like the day I changed to winter studed tyres. 2 bikes 2 days. Whatever could go wrong went wrong!

DSK

No mechanical stuff, just bolted on all the handlebar estate I bought over xmas now that's its all there.

49322482571_b1e7c3f253_z.jpg

Just need to get 2 x Drift Ghost X cameras and replace the Garmin Virb.

Last couple of days were thinking how could we extend the bench to put the trike up to working height, sorted today with a removable bench extension. The extension is held on the bench by the weight of the trike as most of the extension is over the bench it is quite stable but we could screw it there if there are any problems .

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Had to put new brake caliper on the commuter , it had seized so badly even dowsing it with hosepie to de gunk it then wd 40 etc and it still stayed stuck.
The new one for some reason fouled on the pannier rack arm which meant i had to change the rack too so the brake worked and then i had to put a bit of old handlebar tape on top of the mudgaurd as it rattled on every bump on the rack.
Sheesh ! what i thought was a 5 min job to sort thebrake out turned into an hour and a half .

Mike_P

Guru
Another two hours that should have taken a lot less. My ebiked hybrid (a TSDZ2 motor) has an annoying creak at times, some days none at all, others quite alarmingly like yesterday going up hill although it did mean I did not have to ring the bell to alert pedestrians to my presence on the cycle track. Had read that putting a washer behind the main M33 fixing nut is normally a solution so off with the crank and then I tried to shift the nut - took the best part of three quarters of a hour. I had previously lengthened the supplied "installation tool" with two pieces of aluminium bolted either side of the tool and then bolted together and ended up whacking it with a hammer where the tool was adjoined by the aluminium extensions. Eventually and possibly helped by the earlier application of WD40 to the threads in the nut it moved ever so slightly, then a bit more and so on. Then dug out the M33 washers I had bought some time ago for this purpose and found they fouled partly a nut and possibly part of the frame so the best part of an hour spent trimming one down to size with minitool. Now will Mondays commute be creak free?

cyberknight

Fitted my sks race blade2 long to my old Giant Rear guard was a bit fiddly due to very close clearance.
took some off and went back to crud mk 2s although im running 25s so its very tight, i belive the lack of covergse from the sks ones was the cause of my rear brake siezing

pawl

Legendary Member
took some off and went back to crud mk 2s although im running 25s so its very tight, i belive the lack of covergse from the sks ones was the cause of my rear brake siezing

I removed the Crud Mk1to change to theMk2 but. couldn’t get them to fit without rubbing.Put the Mk1 back..Eventually they have fallen to bits.

Haven’t ridden the bike yet due to two weeks of the winter lurge.

Gunk

Guru
Checked the tyres and oil level on my old Honda Fireblade which I haven’t used for a couple of months and then popped out for about a 50 mile round trip to run a couple errands.

E1-C209-EF-A76-F-48-C3-90-D6-B750-A7-AF3713.jpg

Spent the rest of the day rebuilding my Team Banana project bike which was very pleasant and rewarding, just a shame it’s coming to an end, I’ll have to start looking for another.

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/raleigh-team-banana-project.256168/

cyberknight

I removed the Crud Mk1to change to theMk2 but. couldn’t get them to fit without rubbing.Put the Mk1 back..Eventually they have fallen to bits.

Haven’t ridden the bike yet due to two weeks of the winter lurge.
i thought the only ifference was mk 2s had a bigger flaps on the rear to protect the FD and a longer tail ?

Top Bottom