What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sorted this out today, serviced and cleaned it. Now on eBay waiting for a new owner.

View attachment 503726

That's nice. Junior bike?

Gunk

Guru
Had our first 29er through the workshop today, bought it locally very cheap neglected and dirty with a flat tyre.

It is mahoosive!

The frame was a real state so I cut it back and polished it.

Everything was rusty but responded well to some much needed oil but gears all change fine, so it didn’t need much work.

With some elbow grease it came up really well.

Everything was filthy, covered in cobwebs and leaves.

But after a couple of hours of cleaning, detailing, a new rear inner tube and a final quick service it’s ready for sale. Total costs £5.99 plus .99p for a cheeky celebratory Aldi beer :cheers:

It’ll be on the bay of dreams tomorrow

Last edited:

MonsterEnergy

i was also trying to take out my pedals and handlebar grips. Anyone know what new colour to get for pedals, and grips, to look good on a black, with a few white and green stripe frame. Please suggest what you think.
I have also been practising riding down steeper steps, and sadly took to much air out, and got a puncture. I won't be back on my mtb, until i get a new inner tube. The high winds, will also cause some disturbence😥

Gunk

Guru
i was also trying to take out my pedals and handlebar grips. Anyone know what new colour to get for pedals, and grips, to look good on a black, with a few white and green stripe frame. Please suggest what you think.
I have also been practising riding down steeper steps, and sadly took to much air out, and got a puncture. I won't be back on my mtb, until i get a new inner tube. The high winds, will also cause some disturbence😥

I would just stick with black, less is more :okay:

Reactions: C R

MonsterEnergy

I would just stick with black, less is more :okay:
ive got black already, but wanting new ones and that looks really cool...I got advise from sam pilgrim and matt jones...insane mtb and freeride.They said to get different colour but asking what everyone thinms

geocycle

Legendary Member
Ciara stopped play so fettled the Spa. Put a new layback holdsworth seat post on to get my brooks a bit further back. Decided to stick with black to match the bars. Lowered bars 5mm as well. Just need to find an opportunity to test ride.

Top Bottom