What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
New Superstar wheels for my Giant Revolt, new cassette, rim tape, popped the tyres on etc.
Took the discs off my old wheels for now.

I also took the rear derailleur to bits, cleaned it up with Screwfix no nonsense degreaser, and opened up and regreased the part which carries the bolt attaching it to the hanger. New jockey wheels installed too.

Hoping for a smooth fast ride tomorrow especially with a tailwind home 🌬️👍🚴
IMG_20200209_154550760.jpg

carlosfandangus

Über Member
Ciara has defiantly stopped play, 60 mile plus winds, put a new chain on the gravel bike, the Shimano one was starting to wear, the track I ride along has been partly surface dressed with fine grano chippings and even a 10 mile ride has meant a clean and re lube, using an FSA (chocolate!!!) chain that I have in stock, the last FSA I used only lasted 500 miles, one more left, its either use them or throw away, the first one was that good

Gunk

Guru
View attachment 504018 This is my Carrera Vulcan Hardtail
Any upgrades you think i should do?

Not much really they’re a good bike out of the box, 120mm fork and hydraulic brakes. Just keep it clean, well oiled and just enjoy it.

MonsterEnergy

Not much really they’re a good bike out of the box, 120mm fork and hydraulic brakes. Just keep it clean, well oiled and just enjoy it.
halfords sayed something about my brakes...something about them being too tight. They said something about taking it in for a bike check, and getting them too look at them or something...Anyone know what he meant?

Mike_P

Guru
Not that happy with yesterdays application of bar tape so rewrapped it tonight, the blue unfortunately is somewhat darker than the blue elements of the bikes trim. Also had the black enamel out to touch up the black trim on the offside fork and the brake lever which had been scuffed on Fridays incident with an icy road. Awaiting the replacement rear derailleur hanger.

Top Bottom