What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Fitted winter tyres to recumbent. If it snows and settles tomorrow I’ll still be heading out riding.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
It's a job on my 'to do' list once I get my current marking pile (virtual pile as it's on the computer) out of the way: winter tyres plus my spare wheels that are at the back of the storage unit under all my other wheels.

Spare wheels with winter tyres on would be quicker to swap. But it wasn’t a long job and the cold spell looks set for at least the next week, if not longer.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Started fixing the Trek Navigator, but need tools from the co-op, so I moved on to getting my Schwinn Passage touring bicycle ready to go to the co-op by removing leather saddle, fenders, and front rack (rare in these parts) and starting to fit the same to the Raleigh Sojourn, except for the front rack, which is now on the Panasonic 26" tourer. Still needs some straightening. But the Panasonic, now that it has fenders and racks, looks much more like a touring bicycle than the Trek 950 did. Also, I put a leather saddle on the Panasonic as well, something from Amazon.

Landsurfer

Veteran
Todays fettling .... 23 mm worn tyres replaced with BTwin 700 x 28 tyres and new tubes and Blackburn MTB bottle cage fitted. The Sugino 52 / 42 double chainset rings where replaced with a single new 38 tooth plain alloy Stronglight ring without ramps or pins. I've removed the front changer.
Bought a new 6 speed freewheel from Decathlon and a suitable chain, i'll change those tomorrow. I'll replace the damaged quill pedals with some V8 Wellgo copies i have ..... BUT .. I am so tempted to fit M520'S....

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
PS I forgot how light the frame actually is for steel ! I'll get the scales out tomorrow !

Fork 670g, frame 1,720g. Going to nead more white primer as the white perlescent is virtually transparent so the base has to be 100% In the process of initial primer coats, and rubbing back to remove some of the sanding marks from the lug areas.

No rush as I'm alowing 24h between coats/rubbing down. Going to look rather nice close up as I tested some of the perlescent on the fork legs.

Gunk

Guru
Cleaned up a Stronglight chainset this afternoon

18C0E2A3-6A54-4F41-8712-D45140496B6B.jpeg

4DE02FAA-954F-4BF0-A307-3D12846E6425.jpeg

AA5AE604-2637-4582-A990-F556B9DE9F96.jpeg

Yesterday and day before was re-fettling the Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet. Managed to get it running LineageOS 14.1, which is Android 7.1 Nougat, so it will keep running apps for a few extra years. Only downside is that the Samsung specific keyboard dock is not recognised at all. Bummer. And there appears to be no solution, so dug out a folding Bluetooth keyboard and paired it, all working well.

Landsurfer

Veteran
Been back to Decathlon today for a chain, brake cables, cable outer but cannot buy a 2 prong freewheel removal tool anywhere, and need some tan brake hoods ... If anyone with 20 miles has a freewheel removal tool i can borrow ( use at yours, not send to me) and of a pair of brake hoods to sell please get in touch.
As for the frame scratches, i'm going to wax polish the frame externally. Had Connors £9.99 endoscope down the tubes today, all is well, and now sprayed in motorcycle chain lube .. the stiff BB will be replaced eventually as the chain lube seems to have given it a new lease of life. OOHH EA ... Bit of lube love ...

Top Bottom