What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bagpuss

Guru
cleaned up a pair of wheel that came off the Viscount I rescued last week . L/F with sealed bearing stainless spokes on mavic red ladel 27x1 1/4 rims {well the tyres fitted are} .Good pair of useful vintage wheels . Hale autosol metal polish .

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
My legwarmer grippers had gone all kind of curly and they weren't very comfortable. Went over them with a very cool iron- it worked

Finished the balance bike I have rebuilt for my granddaughter for Christmas.

It had been thrown out by a neighbour. I stripped it down, sanded the old paint off, repainted it, greased the hubs and it's ready to go.

Really enjoyed the project, and it's the first one that required woodwork.

Mike_P

Guru
More bike shed fettling; the skateboard ramp, required to lift the road bike over the dehumidifier outlet pipe, was delivered rather too efficiently by Yodal on Tuesday which did scupper my lunch arrangements for my last pre Christmas working (at home) day as I needed to do a bit of shopping so a short lunch and a later break needed.
So, after a dismal day yesterday only fit for ducks, a cold but largely sunny Christmas Eve morning saw the bikes and a few bits out of the shed and the annoying discovery that the ramp was too wide, or rather the shed too narrow as it means strictly the dehumidifier is too close to the side walls of the shed. A corner cut out of the ramp to fit around part of the dehumidifier and a cheap storage box from B&Q beyond, quickly filled up with spare parts. Being a bit flimsy I stuck an appropriately sized sheet of 3mm hardboard on the inside of the lid to hopefully give it a bit more strength.
The road bike now fits in without having to be hung from a hook in order to clear the dehumidifier outlet pipe.
IMG_20201224_105121649.jpg

Nevertheless the preparation of the improved accommodation upset both bikes as whilst I was taking a coffee break they briefly got snowed on.

Last edited:

Gunk

Guru
I’ve had some nice stuff for Christmas so couldn’t resist having a fiddle whilst lunch was cooking

kids bought me a lovely Japanese tool box

so filled it up with all my bike specific tools.

My wife bought me a bench mounted stand, perfect for holding and restoring bare frames over the bench

Gunk

Guru
Had some time this afternoon and fitted my new mudguards and pannier rack, as usual the mudguards were a pig to fit but with some patience I’m pleased with results.

I can’t believe how light it all is for a touring bike.

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Top Bottom