What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Landsurfer

Veteran
Whats so annoying is i know i have one ... but after searching for 2 days i cant find it !!
Thank you Johnsco

Domus

Guru
Well, after fitting my new Wahoo mount which now goes to the left of my stem it interfered with my dynamo light switch. In re routing the wires I inadvertently moved the light and could not put it back. So, a washer was filed to clear the bend in the light bracket but the mounting screw was then too short :wacko:. A hunt through the spares box turned up a screw of the right length but then the brake noodle was in the way, brake cable removed and all tightened up. :okay: Brake cable re fitted but noticed the brake arms were not moving together. Turns out the RH one was almost seized, so another job needed doing. By this time the garage was getting chilly, both arms stripped, cleaned and greased, re fitted and adjusted . Phew, a two minute job took most of the morning. :wacko:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The refurb is coming on. Forks primed and pearlescent white applied. Lacquer to go.

Frame partially primed. Need another tin.

Mike_P

Guru
Changed the bell on the ebike, it's original had developed that annoying habit of not doing what its supposed to do when needed yet on test working fine. A RockBros type fitted (arrived today, ordered Xmas day on eBay) which seemed to be a three hand job but eventually got the strap fitted.

Update on the mudguards for the Defy, back set now on in two parts either side of the brakes with an additional stay and a cable tie around the down tube for the rear section.

I had painted them black and the added micrometres of two coats of primer and two of paint must have been a touch too much for the front ones, I knew the clearance was minimal but had not realised just how minimal. So cut to the rear of the forks and the front reduced so that the only bit of the hole that was formed is now under a crimp on mudguard bridge. Awaiting some A2 stainless steel bits to form a support over the top of the brakes.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Finished work on the Raleigh Sojourn today, attached the fender with a 50mm bolt and a 5/16 socket as a spacer so the mounting hardware would take the mounting arm of the fender out far enough to avoid clearance issues with the disc brake actuator

Top Bottom