What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
In prep for tomorrow, I cleaned my TT bike topped up the tyres with sealant and then lubed it again. The disc with a circa 80mm stem topped up no mess but I was a little too impatient on the front wheel with a shorter stem and got some blow back of sealant. I should have injected it more slowly :rolleyes:

keithmac

Guru
Been after a loft ladder for a while but restricted by width and height.

Finally found a 4 piece one that would fit.

Cut joists and framed it out on Friday night, cut ceiling after work on Saturday then fitted the hatch yesterday.

Really nice bit of kit, worth the mess!.

Just needs trimming up now.

20210829_104714.jpg

20210829_143559.jpg

20210829_144814.jpg

20210829_161249.jpg

Last edited:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
new door handle and latch for internal door , had to fill , sand and paint door too as i couldnt get one the same size, cleared up little plastic balls from an exploding bat cushion, cleaned bath room, cleaned house , 3 loads of washing and just having a quick sarnie before i tighten the cones on the commuter bike

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
My new KMC chain arrived today and so I've removed the old stretched chain and added the nice, shiny new chain. I also wanted to check a slight wobble I'd noticed with the cassette when removing the wheel so had a quick look, tightening of cones and all fine and working well. While I was there and as usual with a new chain, I indexed the gears and generally made sure the drivetrain was running smoothly.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Having damaged a carbon wheel rim I bought some resin, hardener plus other bits and have had a go at repairing the damaged lip. The result isn't bad and, although I'd not use it on the road for safety reasons, it's holding a tyre fine and is on the smart turbo. I've also swapped the Junior 14-28 cassette for an 11-28 on the smart turbo. It might make a difference to my performance on Zwift but I doubt it. The Junior cassette's gone onto the carbon wheelset I bought a week ago for training use.

I then glued a new Tufo tub onto one of my son's spare track wheels. We checked the others after this was pushed off far too easily: one other is damaged for his front track disc so we're awaiting a new tub for that.

His PlanetX Nanolight hillclimb bike snapped yet another mech hanger. Prior diagnosis of issues picked up that the rear mech sometimes caught in the lowest gear, so we've put in a replacement Dura-Ace rear mech. All seems OK but he'll need a couple of tests before hillclimb season starts proper.

keithmac

Guru
Some more carbs today (Superdream 400), another snapped pilot air screw (people wind them in too far and they snap off in carb housing).

Warmed it through with electric heat gun then manged to push it out with a sewing needle, part of my toolkit now!.

I've got a 1974/5 CB750 in for carbs as well, and a Triumph Bonneville.

Test fitted needle in good side to get correct diameter, took a pair if needle nose vice grips and large circlip pliers plus plenty of heat to remove the broken one from the other side.

New jets, fuel need, slide needle and guides fitted, float height set etc.

keithmac

Guru
That’s a dying art, not many workshops out there able to service carbs these days.

Yeh I've probably had 20 carb jobs through this year already, the state some of them have been in is shocking, even worse when you're following some else in who's already charged the customer for the pleasure..

Even simple stuff like fuel/ float heights etc.

Top Bottom