What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Punkawallah

Über Member
Mounted two hooks on the garage wall to store the 'not in use' bike according to season. Bit of a jiggly to make sure of clearances etc, but seems to work. Now have to visit the flbs to score some scrap inner tubes as 'padding'.

Remains to be seen if the stored bike takes my head off when exiting the parked car . . .

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Prep work for my son's Irish nationals next week:

His Argon TT bike is set up with full adult gearing. Cue crankset off, oval 52/36 chainrings onto his winter bike crankset as they were 110bcd and his TT cranks are 130bcd. Then a Junior cassette onto the TT disc. All working with a 52 front chainring instead of a 53 without any adjustments.

His winter Boardmain AirPro had plant growth in it xx( - it did have a long, hard winter's use but I'd presumed the new headset and clean had sorted most of the issues. All cleaned inside ready for the 'loan' cranks to go back on in 10 days or so. It'll need the rear brake looking at though as that's a bit sticky.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
20210927_165558.jpg

First time I have ever done this, but look it's purple! 😎

carpiste

Guru
Prep work for my son's Irish nationals next week:

His Argon TT bike is set up with full adult gearing. Cue crankset off, oval 52/36 chainrings onto his winter bike crankset as they were 110bcd and his TT cranks are 130bcd. Then a Junior cassette onto the TT disc. All working with a 52 front chainring instead of a 53 without any adjustments.

His winter Boardmain AirPro had plant growth in it xx( - it did have a long, hard winter's use but I'd presumed the new headset and clean had sorted most of the issues. All cleaned inside ready for the 'loan' cranks to go back on in 10 days or so. It'll need the rear brake looking at though as that's a bit sticky.
It all sounds very much like witchcraft to me! 🧙‍♀️ 🧙‍♂️

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
General check over of the bike. Slight wobble to the cassette which needs investigating. I’ll need new brake pads soon too. Tightened up the pannier rack too.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
What a fine looking machine sir! Do you have the required attire to ride in style I wonder? Accy will assist there I think.

Reactions: C R

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Three tube changes during my commute this morning / evening - the roads in the rain this morning were terrible and I couldn't see the glass in the cycle lane. Then another coming home in the dark.

It was all at one point in south Leeds, with lots of glass in both cycle lanes. Having removed a piece of glass in torrential rain I promptly got another. So had to ride to work on a flat rear. Another one coming home having bought another couple of tubes today.

Mike_P

Guru
3D printed saddle bag compatible Varia mount.
which lasted 106 miles and broke
No reponse from seller (3ddesigncentre) yet - would a more solid 3D print be better?
UPDATE: Seller has advised they think it was a faulty print and are provding a replacement.
Anyway decided the DIY approach was neccessary so the supplied Varia mount disassembled (2 bolts), a piece of plastic card cut and drilled to the spacing of the Varia mounts bolt holes and that then used as a template to drill through the end of the saddle bag on its rear light loop. Plastic card on the inside of the saddle bag, with now washer fitted bolts passsing through it and the bag for the mount fixed in place.
611203 611204
Slightly off centre - the O and G of Bontrager were the correct spacing and an easy drill alignment mark.

Last edited:
Top Bottom