What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
From the photos you clearly have the talent and that kind of stuff is very saleable indeed. I was in Cornwall a couple of years back and found a shopping selling handmade leather stuff. Eyewatering prices but gorgeous. I wanted a leather belt pouch but just couldn't justify £100 plus quid for it.

Drzdave58

Über Member
From the photos you clearly have the talent and that kind of stuff is very saleable indeed. I was in Cornwall a couple of years back and found a shopping selling handmade leather stuff. Eyewatering prices but gorgeous. I wanted a leather belt pouch but just couldn't justify £100 plus quid for it.
Yes..it’s hard to find someone willing to pay what they are worth considering the time put in to make them. So, if I can sell them for a fair price, I will consider investing in more leather to make more. They are kind of a specialty item.

I don't know if you can call it a fettle as it only took 5 mins. Its been nearly 4 months since I last topped them up, I would have done it earlier but the bike has stayed indoor for the last two weeks. I removed the valve cores from my tubeless tyre. Inserted circa 30ml of sealant in both tyres. Reinserted and tightened the valve core and pumped the tyres back up to pressure, (well slightly above, 95psi). I'll run them at 80psi topping up at circa 2-3 week intervals. There its took me longer to type this than actually do it :rolleyes:

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
I've been fettle free for a couple months but I started making new mudflaps the other day. The poppers came today and getting them fitted to the mudguards was a ballache. 6 pairs of poppers died during my attempts but alas I have won the battle.

Not much of a fettle. more of a check-over/clean-up of my CGR, when I got home from work
I'd gone in the car, as I dropped daughter off at her part-time job at 05:50, then left early to pick her up at 13:00

Once home, I disposed of the old chain (that's been on since October), hopefully, the weather will be kinder to this one
The chain-rings also came off, to allow me to check them/clean the frame easily behind them
Disc-pads were also checked, & cassette cleaned with a brush, & old towel run through it

It was then well scrubbed, as far as feasible, with the wheels out

Once it had dried, in the breeze, I put on a new chain, one of the pair that I bought at Decathlon, at the end of last month

I had to shorten it, as rather oddly, they're 118 link:wacko:

It looks okay, but on inspection the hubs could have been cleaner, as there's still muck in the spoke-mounts (Aksyium wheels)
I might cut some of the reflective tape, I still have, to cover the 'London Road' logos

DSCF6480.JPG

Hmm... that front mudflap's still dirty on the reflective side

Last edited:

JhnBssll

Veteran
I gave the Pilot a good clean today then fitted the long awaited drive side stages powermeter. I originally ordered it in early December but it finally arrived today from the 3rd supplier - top marks to Sigma Sports for getting it to me in 2 days after I'd waited 2 months for others to try and fail :laugh: It was also an opportunity for me to try out my new toy - a 15 litre ultrasonic cleaning tank :laugh: The first job for it was cleaning the old chainset ready for sale, it came out rather sparkly 😊

When that was done (6 minutes) I threw the chain and cassette in for good measure and gave them a 10 minute clean while I fitted the new chainset. I wiped the frame and wheels down then reassembled...

All shiny again! Last job was to update the firmware in the older left hand power meter so it matched the new right hand unit then pair them together; this way the left hand unit gathers the data from both meters and combines it to send to the computer to give overall power as well as left/right balance info.

All clean again and ready to get dirty :okay:

Last edited:
Top Bottom