What have you got that will 'see you out'?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
My papermate pens.
My black one is blue and my blue one is black.

I've had both since school and they still work.
Me and my brother used turquoise 'Quink' ink at school. The history teacher who taught both of us,albeit 3 years apart,sussed straight away we were brothers on seeing my turquoise ink. Well,that and the same surname might've helped:rolleyes:,but i still liked his acknowledgment of such a fine colour of ink!:smile:

Last edited:

Brains

Legendary Member
Is it the same as this one?🤔

Edit...Obviously not the same make, as your's is a Stanley,but are they both from the same era?:okay:

View attachment 546793

View attachment 546796

Is this old? Both were my dad's,which he used for his job and D.I.Y. The bottom one looks pretty old,but not having a clue about tools,D.I.Y or anything like that i'm just guessing it could be.:smile:
View attachment 546801

The Record one is 1950's
The wooden one is Victorian or early 20th Century.

My Dad was an antique restorer, he must have had over 100 of the wooden planes, each one with a different shaped blade to make mouldings, dado rails, architraves, skirting, window frames etc.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
The Record one is 1950's
The wooden one is Victorian or early 20th Century.

My Dad was an antique restorer, he must have had over 100 of the wooden planes, each one with a different shaped blade to make mouldings, dado rails, architraves, skirting, window frames etc.
Ok,thanks for that! I'm surprised the wooden one is so old. I've always thought it was my dad's from his apprentice days in the 1940's. Though i suppose it might've been and it was second hand to him. The Record one,i always remember him having it,along with about 3 other planes.

Last edited:
2 Rohloff gears, 2 pairs of Sputnik wheels and jar of marmite.

accountantpete

Brexiteer
Mavic 610 BB. Apparently it “requires personal courage, real expertise" to install - both of which I am lacking so it's staying on the mantelpiece.

delb0y

Legendary Member
My Fender Stratocaster. It's a mere 41 years old now. I bought it new, it's always been way better than I am, and thus I never needed anything else (save for a few spares for when I break strings at a gig). It's been refretted as I wore out the original frets, but I'm more of an acoustic player these days so I won't wear out the current frets. Plus there are no gigs anymore anyway. I have plenty of other guitars should I need to sell a few to buy a mobility scooter or a stairlift one day. But I shall keep the strat!

Top Bottom