What makes you fat?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MikeG

Guru
[QUOTE 5404455, member: 9609"]......... Presumably it is possible for the body to pass (as in poo) some of the nutrician ?......[/QUOTE]

That's still calories out.

PK99

Legendary Member
It wasn't the alcohol which kept your weight high, specifically. It was the excess calories you consumed. If instead of alcohol you had cut out food of the equivalent calorific value, but had continued drinking, your weight would still have declined in the same way.

You are of course correct, but lots of us make the mistake (deliberate blindness?) of keeping track of solid calories and ignoring the liquid ones.

Spoons47

[QUOTE="MikeG, post: 5404687, member: 34780"They are not enemies. They are an important part of a balanced diet. Have a balanced diet, balanced too with the amount of energy you burn up, and you won't need to put whole classes of food into Room 101. If you need to take 300 calories a day out of your diet to get back to energy in equalling energy out, it matters not a jot if those 300 calories are carbs, fats, or protein.[/QUOTE]
It happens to be my opinion based on fact and losing a shed load of weight and managing to keep it off. There obviously is the calorie count camp who are also entitled to their opinion. As an aside more than one of the doctors at my surgery sanctioned the diet, as long as plenty of healthy veg was consumed, which is the whole idea on a low carb diet. Incidentally a low carb diet also has to cut out bad sugars, which let’s face it, everybody would benefit from. Low carb diet also promotes eggs and oily fish which are also very good for you.
Oh and don’t forget Avocados, my personal favourite :tongue:

Last edited by a moderator:
upload_2018-10-9_15-30-59.png

OP
OP
derrick

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
I drink plenty of beer, but i am not fat, my beer belly what there was of it has disapeared. Defo potatoes and red meat.:okay:

Since September 2017 to October 2018 I have lost 8.5 stone in weight , this is down to cutting calories ,I did not cut anything out of my diet (apart from winegums) and still havent, I still drink appox 10/14 pints of johns smiths beer on a weekend and I don't count any liquid I drink as calories, calories in verse calories out is simple the more you put in and the less out you will put on the weight
What makes me fat is eating to much^_^
This is my Garmin chart of weight lose for the last 12 months
2018_10_10_09.09.36.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom