What makes you fat?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Getting to my goal weight now so only loosing .5kg a week now

pjd57

Veteran
Nothing these days seems to get me much above 10 stones.

I sat just under 11 until I decided to stop using my car , then eventually sold it.

Went down to 10 within a few months.
I've tried eating more , but it's simply more in, more out.

I guess my body is happy at 10.

MikeG

Guru
I drink about the same as you Freelander and I would say its considerably less than most people (honest ones anyway)............

Careful , because there will be actual statistics on this. Careful, also, to not call people liars simply because they report less drinking than you. I mean, you aren't going to call me a liar for saying I drink less than a glass of wine a month, are you?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
How horrid for you.
Have you tried a tiny bit of vasaline just in front of your nostrils.
Also, what about a mini fan to waft the smells away .

It's OK for now - got the weight back down, but my diet isn't good (shocking compared to before the drugs). Fruit OK, simple food like no sugar porridge etc fine, lots of semi skinned milk, but not really enjoying food.

Co-op's 55p Tomatoe and 4 been soup is excellent - low sugar and salt and its nice - I have it every day... which isn't good for choice, but I will eat it.

Cooked tea tonight for the family, there you go, and went out for cat food for the pride (we have 4 now).

Off to the Docs next week, as it's been going on 4 months.

fossyant

Yeah, I saw that,

What’s The Most Important Piece of Bike Safety Equipment?
Bike helmets reduce head injury by 85%!

In lower light conditions drivers can easily fail to see a cyclist.

Make sure you’re visible, check out which bike helmet with built in light is best for you.

For further details on safety, see bike safety tips.:laugh::laugh:

Brakes that work !!! 100% the best bit of kit. Fark anything else.

fossyant

I had a colleague that I work with alot usually, said, 'have you lost a load of weight' - he's been overseas a fair bit but we spend a fair amount of time working together usually, but not the last couple of months. I said 'yes' but I haven't been trying. I could sell a load on the black market, but unfortunately, the side effects are horrible and you have to work through them that takes a few months, then you notice the weight loss, then you are back to the doctors to stop it as you don't enjoy food.

I'm just about holding my pre broken back weight now, but it' been tricky - soup and a 'half baton' of bread at lunch - got the carbs... can eat it... it's a shoot diet though.

Truth

Boardman Hybrid Team 2016 , Boardman Hybrid Comp
Careful , because there will be actual statistics on this. Careful, also, to not call people liars simply because they report less drinking than you. I mean, you aren't going to call me a liar for saying I drink less than a glass of wine a month, are you?
I was actually referring to friends I drink with at weekends round for round with and they insist they only drink as much as me when I criticise them.....yes I criticise people for drinking too much ! The strange think is they go out before me and leave after me so I am not sure of their maths :laugh::laugh: .

OP
OP
derrick

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
[QUOTE 5406936, member: 9609"]I would have thought it quite normal for a young man too, I would have pored 6 or 7 pints down my neck every fri / sat night for most of my life + a couple most nights during the week. Be surprised if it has done me any harm ?
don't bother much now at all 2 or 3 pints a week max now - it was one of my big cut backs when I retired, in any case since hitting 50 drink seems to give me a bit of a hang-over and I can't be bothered with that[/QUOTE]
At 66 i still get to the pub 3 or 4 times a week, during the week normally 4 pints in a couple of hours, weekend session can be between 5 to 7 pints, Have never really suffered hangovers, :cheers:

OP
OP
derrick

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.

Milzy

Guru
Look at durianrider, high sugar diet & so very lean because of his activity levels. Vegan for the win.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
At 66 i still get to the pub 3 or 4 times a week, during the week normally 4 pints in a couple of hours, weekend session can be between 5 to 7 pints, Have never really suffered hangovers, :cheers:

When I was a youngster I was always on the lash - and I still used to turn up for work in the morning if I was on overtime at the weekend. My hangover tolerance was higher then than it is now though - I still drink several times a week but limit myself to no more than 3/4 pints max per session. Partly this is to avoid putting on weight and partly because if I go over 3/4 pint average sessions then sometimes I feel a bit below par the next day. My body is telling me the max amount it can cope with without making me feel rough, so I tend to stick to it. I also find certain beers are worse for hangovers than others, even for the same strength. Fullers London Pride particularly doesn't agree with me so I avoid it. Oddly, ESB is OK even though it's stronger!

I really can't be bothered with all the nanny state health fascists who are incessantly lecturing everyone about what they eat and drink. They can all p*** off and mind their own business as far as I'm concerned. The guidelines are a load of cobblers and have no credibility or scientific basis. Until recently they recommended men not exceeding 21-28 units a week and women not exceeding 14-21 units. Those limits were realistic and took into account the different sizes of men and women. Now it's 14 units for everybody, despite the fact that men are on average quite a bit bigger than women and are better at processing alcohol anyway. Obviously some rabbit-food eating Guardian reading do-gooder has plucked the 14 unit figure out of thin air and decided that's what the masses should stick to.

[QUOTE 5407183, member: 9609"] stopped at a pub for a quick beer and at the table next to us there was 5 or 6 youngsters (early 20s) and I think they were all on soft drinks - I do worry about this generation. Newcastle as well ??????[/QUOTE]

Don't you believe it. Today's youngsters may not tend to down pint after pint in the way we do, but trust me they still hit the booze. They are drinking spirits mixed into fruit juice drinks instead. And a lot are drinking Gin. When I was that age only your mum or aunty used to drink gin, now the youngsters are necking it in large quantities instead of beer.

Dan B

Disengaged member
"Calories in minus calories out makes you fat" is as true and as helpful as saying "flying the plane downwards into the ground made it crash". Yes, obviously, but you'd have a very short career as an air accident investigator if your reports all consisted of " the pilot should just have maintained level flight"

Top Bottom