What should i do about payment

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just a heads up some finance agreements now rely on you making the payments manually. If you don't make the payments within the allotted time that is when the interest goes sky high.

Be careful I would say and attempt to make the payments.

vickster

Legendary Member
Really confused right now. Just rang the company in question and explained. They asked why i hadn't been in touch before. The woman i spoke to explained the system is fully automated and there is nothing they can do.

Oh well i tried
Ok contact the finance company, presumably you have the signed credit agreement. Be V12 or similar

classic33

Leg End Member
Should be everyone's go to advice on every thread. :becool:

Admin, can we get a C U Jimmy emoji? :laugh:
images-4-1.jpg

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Once you have taken reasonable steps to arrange the payment (as you did by calling them) your obligations to be proactive fall away and the onus is on them

I should make a careful note of the conversation you had with them for future reference.

DRM

Guru
I seem to recall that when I bought mine on 0% finance the payments didn’t start immediately, it seemed to be about 2 or 3 months after delivery, I did query it with the shop but they said it’s the norm, quite a strange way to do business really

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
note the date, time and name of the person you spoke to, and forget it.

Hmm, depending on the value involved here I'd want a bit more security than that. I'd find out if the company recorded their phone calls and, if so, submit a data subject access request to include the telephone call made. I agree with the earlier suggestion of putting aside the relevant amount of money in case they do come asking for it.

Gary E

Veteran
As long as they don't also expect the interest accrued since the purchase!

All these systems ultimately rely on a person pressing buttons at the other end. If the button presser doesn’t do their job, this sort of thing can happen. However, if the company has any sort of decent financial auditing systems / standards, the error will be noticed. The company can recover any missed payments, but it’s a bit of a faff, so if the amount isn’t huge, some may not chase missed payments, but most well organised places / companies will.

DRM

Guru
It was through V12, i rang them today and got the exact same answer as i did from the retailer last night, very strange. I am going to keep the payments i should have made to oneside just incase

It was V12 who provided the finance on mine, don’t be surprised if payments start being taken in 2 or 3 months time.

Top Bottom