What the oldest bit of technology you own that still works?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rezillo

TwoSheds
Still use mine:

https://vintage-technology.club/pages/calculators/casio/casiofx29.htm

Too many bells and whistles on modern scientific calculators for me.

casiofx29.jpg

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Several oldies from the mid 1960's/early 70's, a couple of which are in the loft, but all work. Probably the oldest is my late Dad's Soviet made 35mm camera circa 1960.
Don't know why, but he had a thing about Russia, even studying the Russian language at night school in the early 1960s.
Now if only he had bought a Zil.......:laugh:

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
Arcam Alpha 9 amplifier that I bought new in 1999. I've since replaced it with an Arcam FMJ A39 to power some large floor standing speakers. The thing is the Alpha 9 sounds nearly identical to it despite being vastly older, but can't drive the large speakers at very high volumes for long periods without cutting out (as it's 70 watts RMS v's 120 watts RMS). I guess a similar spec amp to the Alpha 9 all these years later would cost the best part of a grand. I guess it's maybe good that so many people buy into the hifi world of bullsh*t to keep things going. Excellent amp I have sitting around doing nothing but don't want to part with for the £150 or whatever it would fetch these days...

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
1951 valve wireless, only LW and MW unfortunately but still use it. View attachment 585564

Where in the photo is it?

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I still have a Sinclair TV80 and one of the flat batteries which is unfortunately, er flat. Even if the battery had any charge (or a mains adapter to power it), the TV would be useless as it is analogue only.
Also a Casio MQ-1 calculator and, somewhere in the loft and in full working order when I stuck it up there, a Commodore 64 computer.

Top Bottom