What toppings do you (genuinely) enjoy on pancakes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pjd57

Veteran
Old school. Butter and jam.

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Another vote for Nutella here, which I have with sliced banana and whipped cream, and then maybe a bit of a lie down^_^

U

User482

90s-300x203.png

jubilee-pancake-with.jpg

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Spread 2 cooked pancakes with a sweet spread (chocolate, hazelnut, dulce de leche or similar) and fold in half with the spread inside, then starting from one side, roll each one into a cone shape. Fry the pancakes on a high heat in foaming butter for a minute or two, then pour in a couple of tablespoons of orange liqueur, like Cointreau or Grand Marnier. Watch your eyebrows as the liqueur will ignite. Once the flames die off, spoon the juices over the pancakes, and serve immediately with a scoop of vanilla ice cream alongside or on top.

Balls to your lemon and sugar. If youre going to eat something bad, do it properly man.

Katherine

Guru
Crushed Diam bars and marshmallows.
Ooooh, I'm going to try that next time!

Depends what mood I'm in...

Butter & muscovado sugar
Butter and golden / maple syrup
Curd cheese, vanilla sugar and sultanas
And if I'm feeling really naughty, then bitter chocolate sauce and creme chantilly :hungry:

byegad

Legendary Member
Maple Syrup for me. When I was a kid a cousin of my mother used to send huge jars of the stuff from Canada every Xmas. Truly delicious in a Britain where some items were still rationed.

pclay

Veteran
Pancakes have to be American style, and then topped with ripe banana (brown spots on the skin), maple syrup, and flaked almonds.

Alternative option, cook the pancakes with blueberries in them, add more banana afterwards.

I tried them with maple syrup and bacon once, which was not too bad.

Top Bottom