What will the long term effects of the virus? Will something never be the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Sorry, haven't a clue. It was just a regular red cabbage from Sainsburys. I was just starting to cut it up and was suddenly struck by the beauty of all those whorls, and the lovely colours.

Much as I like cabbages... :whistle:

I had a feeling that might be the case..

They are beautiful though aren't they.

Here's another one I grew earlier..

Maybe a change that will come is people appreciating craft skills such as growing good food / cleaning well / manufacturing essential quality items closer to home, so as we are not so dependant on imports .

The variant version of CJD was from people eating cows which had themselves been fed mashed up cow bits (as @mudsticks pointed out above).

CJD itself was historically caused by people eating the bodies of their dead family members! :eek:

Yes, I remember a friend who was involved in CJD research spending time in Borneo, for precisely that reason :eek:

keithmac

Guru
We as a family don't have an "extravagant debt fueled lifestyle" but are at real risk of losing our house if either job goes to the wall.

Sobering times..

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
What was the family pig fed on. We still ate them though.

Not KFC generally.

But I agree they should be eating our (well sterilised) food scraps - not soya meal.

I haven't eaten pig in years..
I raise them.. But dont eat them. :rolleyes:

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
https://www.change.org/p/rishi-suna...ium=email&utm_source=aa_editorial&utm_term=cs

Congratulations to everyone who supported this and signed- thank you!
Hopefully to be extended indefinitely - as it should be.

classic33

Leg End Member
Contactless payment taking over from chip and pin, with an increase on the amount for any single transaction.

Contactless only machines seen in two places so far.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Contactless payment taking over from chip and pin, with an increase on the amount for any single transaction.

Contactless only machines seen in two places so far.
How about replacing the screens on ticket machines at railway stations with a type that can trigger without your finger actually touching the screen! It should be made possible to detect when a finger is a couple of cms from the surface rather than having to touch where hundreds of other potentially virus-ridden passengers have touched before you...

PaulB

Legendary Member
I'd like to think there will be some changes for the better, particularly hygiene ones and - hopefully - a continued reduction in pollution levels. However, if I remember the immediate aftermath of the 2000/01 foot and mouth outbreak, things were back to normal very, very quickly. Pendle Hill for instance benefitted enormously from the enforced rest it was granted with the most eroded parts renewing itself but as soon as it was over, people went back to 'make up for lost time'. I imagine there'll be a big demand for money by the workers and goods from the manufacturers so industry will go into overdrive negating most of the good that's been done on the environment front.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
How about replacing the screens on ticket machines at railway stations with a type that can trigger without your finger actually touching the screen! It should be made possible to detect when a finger is a couple of cms from the surface rather than having to touch where hundreds of other potentially virus-ridden passengers have touched before you...
Employing THIS KIND OF TECH? :whistle:

It's a pity that many hundreds of touchscreen ticket machines had been installed on the rail network just in time for this outbreak!

OP
OP
N

Notafettler

As we become a more and more cashless society there will be a larger and larger increase in tax received by the taxman without any increase in the tax rates. Builders beware!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom