What winds you up about cyclists you may see when driving

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
And yet are still visible. How do they do that?

Because other road users have lights on and hopefully see them just before splattering them

machew

Veteran
Cyclists who use the space between the yellow lines as a cycle lane. Cyclists who cycle to closed to parked cars.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
And loosing momentum.
TBH there is one b&st%rd set of lights on my way home from town (crossing the old ring road) that are controlled by a 'ring' in the road after about 9pm and even my (steel framed) Trike won't trigger them.

OP
OP
johnnyb47

johnnyb47

Guru
TBH there is one b&st%rd set of lights on my way home from town (crossing the old ring road) that are controlled by a 'ring' in the road after about 9pm and even my (steel framed) Trike won't trigger them.
I think there,s a set of lights like that just down the road from me. I would be waiting ages for them to turn green until I twigged on that it was a car behind that was activating them.

OP
OP
johnnyb47

johnnyb47

Guru
Why did you do it?
Why did you do it?
I think it was mainly down to a lack of confidence and worrying about cars getting to close , but now in hindsight I view riding in the gutter encourages a motorist to take there chances, as the gap for them appears to be just much bigger for them to squeeze past. ( give them an inch and they will take a yard)

Top Bottom