Whats it worth? Giant defy advanced 1 needing new frame.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I would say the parts (excluding frame) are probably worth upwards of £700. But you would be using Giants weird brakes and I guess internally routed stem.

Edit - forget that, I thought it was the 2019 model and as new components.

Last edited:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I would of thought from the scratches its been crashed. I doubt Giant would offer warranty for those reasons.
He does say---"The bike cost me £1600 and has done less than 200 miles just unfortunate i got a frame with a defect in it". If it was a genuine defect wouldn't he take it back to the bike shop for a replacement? Sound a bit iffy to me.

CXRAndy

Guru
If its done 200 miles then Im a Dutchman. Its in poor condition badly scratched on chain and seat stay. Chain is quite black. I could give him benefit of doubt if ridden during wet ride, but scratches give it Away

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I call bullshit on that description, it's a bit like one careful old lady for car adverts.

the_mikey

Legendary Member
That bike is in a terrible state, the chain stays looks like they've been subjected to some force, and unless the rest of the components are in a good state you'll just be paying for the privilege of transporting the bicycle from it's previous owner to the local refuse centre where it will probably be taken for landfill.

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
Just get yourself an Elan or Sabbath AR1 from Spa. It won’t cost much more and you’ll have a brand new bike to your exact spec :okay:

Top Bottom