What's the most embarrassing concert

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Bruce Springsteen at Crystal Palace and Old Trafford 2003 (?)

Bruce rocked but the audience where the most boring set of people I have ever encountered. I don't know who they were or where they came from but they JUST STOOD THERE.

I was even told off for jumping up and down at one stage.

quidditys_shore

not had an embarassing one yet! wouldve but i couldnt get time off to see kylie last month. there was to many people wanting to going from our store so i was one of them that couldnt. FYI everyone that wanted to go where very straight guys! LOL

Oh and I went to a Bonnie 'Prince' Billy gig at Shepherd's Bush. During a particularly hushed and quiet song (even more hushed than normal - the guy usually sings in a whisper) I went to the bar near the stage and asked for two rum and cokes. When I was asked for £17.50 I exclaimed "YOU ****IN' WHAT?!!" in a very loud voice.

I think the whole audience heard me. Many bearded youths turned around with steely glares and much 'shushing".;)

I've not been to many embarassing gigs but I've worked at a few, as I used to work at the NEC selling merchandise. Notable cringeworthy gigs were;

New kids on the block
Boyzone
Take That
Wet Wet Wet
Michael Bolton (supported by Kenny G)
Steely Dan
Status Quo
Belinda Carlisle

But by far and away the best was James Last and his orchestra. Truly brilliant. I wish I'd bought the Tshirt.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I went to see Britney Spears when she wasn't weird.

She rocked!!

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I went to see Squeeze unplugged at Halifax about 10 years ago. the performance was fine, but the emabarssing part was you could hear the audience talking through most of the concert :biggrin: i was embarassed for the audience

Kirstie said:
But by far and away the best was James Last and his orchestra. Truly brilliant. I wish I'd bought the Tshirt.
I used to own a James Last bootleg. :blush:

Er, being a child of my time I have shared arena space with Spandau Ballet. Sadly it was long after their brief moment of kilted cool had fled.

Mr Pig

Greedo said:
he used to play Glasgow every Christmas Eve.

That's right. He actually played there after he'd been arrested but before he had been convicted. A friend of my wife went and said he took a fair amount of abuse.

I went to see SKY, anyone remember them, when I was about thirteen. Classical + Rock = Bland Neither.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Penguin Cafe Orchestra @ Acoustic Stage, Glastonbury. Poss '94.

All went well for the opening number until friction broke out when the audience that was sat on the ground were expected to stand and make room in the tent for another 100 or so arrivals. The band had to stop playing until the matter, and the audience were settled.

Never imagined I'd see a near riot at a PCO gig!

got-to-get-fit

i have not been to any embarrassing ones but i dont have much luck with them.

I went to see Inspiral Carpets and when we arrived it was cancelled

I went to see REM and the drummer had a brain haemorrage and they cancelled

I went to see Feeder and one of em committed suicide and they cancelled.

Top Bottom