What's the most embarrassing concert

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Greedo

you've been to.

I think without a doubt I'll have mine tomorrow. I'm off to Harrogate tomorrow morning with my wife visiting our friends who live on Cornwall road (for any local residents) for the weekend.

We have the pleasure of going to see Girls Aloud at Harewood House tomorrow night. 35 years old and me and my mate are been dragged along due to the two girls being drunk the last time we were down and buying tickets on line. :smile::blush::ohmy:

Don't even know if there'll even be a bar as I'd imagine it will be full of kids!

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Shawaddywaddy, 1975 Southampton Gaumont

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Greedo said:
you've been to.

I think without a doubt I'll have mine tomorrow. I'm off to Harrogate tomorrow morning with my wife visiting our friends who live on Cornwall road (for any local residents) for the weekend.

We have the pleasure of going to see Girls Aloud at Harewood House tomorrow night. 35 years old and me and my mate are been dragged along due to the two girls being drunk the last time we were down and buying tickets on line. :smile::blush::ohmy:

Don't even know if there'll even be a bar as I'd imagine it will be full of kids!

I was dragged to a Runrig gig in the early 90s by my ex. Full of middle-aged women working themeslves up into a frenzy. I hated every second of it, even though I knew some of the band as they lived locally at that time (had kids at my Mum's playgroup, went running with my Dad, and I used to hire them vans at the weekend when they were gigging in the mid-80s before they got big).

I could think of a worse way to spend an evening than to be surrounded by over-excited teenage girls.

But maybe that's just me.

My most embarassing concert was Rufus Wainwright. Nothing wrong with the performance but I nearly strated a fight with a noisy, rude drunken concert-goer in the row behind me.

Can you imagine starting a fight at a Rufus Wainwright concert?

trj977

Über Member
Jason Donovan Sept 22nd 1990 at Hammersmith Odeon, on reflection it was probably already called the Appolo.

In my defence....................... my wife had bought tickets for my young niece to take a friend as a birthday present. As my niece was only 11 my wife decided she needed to be chaperoned by her good self. Unfortunately 10:00 pm the night before we were in the local maternity unit where my eldest daughter was delivered. So chaperoning became my responsibility.

To top it all it was being filmed! You have never seen a 39 year old man sink so low in a seat before.

OP
OP
G

Greedo

Is your real name Paul Gadd???:smile::smile:

Disgruntled Goat said:
I could think of a worse way to spend an evening than to be surrounded by over-excited teenage girls.

But maybe that's just me.

My most embarassing concert was Rufus Wainwright. Nothing wrong with the performance but I nearly strated a fight with a noisy, rude drunken concert-goer in the row behind me.

Can you imagine starting a fight at a Rufus Wainwright concert?

Thinking about it, I've actually seen GG in concert during the Who's performance of Quadrophenia.

A mate of mine also went to a bone-fide GG concert in the early 90s. They were a very popular xmas gig at the time. He enjoyed it so much he bought a cap with 'Leader' on the front. Doesn't wear it now though, especially after the incident in the playgound.

OP
OP
G

Greedo

Disgruntled Goat said:
Thinking about it, I've actually seen GG in concert during the Who's performance of Quadrophenia.

A mate of mine also went to a bone-fide GG concert in the early 90s. They were a very popular xmas gig at the time. He enjoyed it so much he bought a cap with 'Leader' on the front. Doesn't wear it now though, especially after the incident in the playgound.

he used to play Glasgow every Christmas Eve. About 12 of us went to see him once. Mixture of guys a girls. Great night, pished, had a laugh and a good fun gig. Was about 18/19 at the time. Sitting in the pub with 4 of the above 12 that went a few weeks ago and don't see each other as much. All married and all that. Anyway, talking about what gigs we'd all been to and how many etc.... Anyway funny how not one person mentioned this one. Strange that eh!!!

gavintc

Guru
Neil Diamond - West Fallenhalle (sp?) around 1977. Simply because I was trying to impress a girl. I knew she liked Neil Diamond. I know I was shallow but I was 20 yrs old and these things are important at that age.

LLB

Art Garfunkel last year in the Colston hall in Bristol (freebee to keep my mate company as he had just finished with his GF and twisted my arm as he didn't want to go on his own).

Art looked like Krusty the clown, and the rest of the audience were all in twinsets and pearls ;)

Top Bottom