What's the most embarrassing concert

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
got-to-get-fit said:
i have not been to any embarrassing ones but i dont have much luck with them.

I went to see Inspiral Carpets and when we arrived it was cancelled

I went to see REM and the drummer had a brain haemorrage and they cancelled

I went to see Feeder and one of em committed suicide and they cancelled.

Have you ever been the drummer in Spinal Tap?:blush:

Mr Phoebus

got-to-get-fit said:
i have not been to any embarrassing ones but i dont have much luck with them.

I went to see Inspiral Carpets and when we arrived it was cancelled

I went to see REM and the drummer had a brain haemorrage and they cancelled

I went to see Feeder and one of em committed suicide and they cancelled.

Did you see Tommy Cooper's last show at Live From Her Majesty's?

Mr Pig said:
I went to see SKY, anyone remember them, when I was about thirteen. Classical + Rock = Bland Neither.

Seen Sky several times - when I was a kid I used to love them. My brother still occassionally works with their drummer, the lead guitarist is in prison in australia for tax fraud, the bassist now owns a chippy somewhere in the south, the keyboard player still composes and performs stuff and John Williams is still John Williams.

Mr Pig

got-to-get-fit said:
I went to see Inspiral Carpets and when we arrived it was cancelled.

That happened to me with INXS. Their trucks couldn't get through the snow in time.

They tagged the concert onto the end of the tour so we still got to see them. Michael Hutchence was in a foul mood though and was a complete a***, really insulting and taking the piss out of the audience. You could see he was loosing it. Far cry from their 'Listen Like Thieves' tour which was great.

papercorn2000

Mr Pig said:
That happened to me with INXS. Their trucks couldn't get through the snow in time.

They tagged the concert onto the end of the tour so we still got to see them. Michael Hutchence was in a foul mood though and was a complete a***, really insulting and taking the piss out of the audience. You could see he was loosing it. Far cry from their 'Listen Like Thieves' tour which was great.

I had a ticket for that gig as well!:eek:

Westloife at the SECC :eek: with the wife, her auntie and cousin. The 4th female that was meant to go was ill so they had a spare ticket so muggins here was volunteered to go as I could also drive them there and back. The screaming at the gig was unbelievable, took my ears about a fortnight to recover

PeteB99

Black Sabbath - Ozzie was completely out of it and virtually the entire audience had come to see the support band

Curved Air:thumbsup::eek:

ACS

Legendary Member
The Sweet - Grand Hall, Kilmarnock in the early 70's. Best moment was when someone threw a bottle which belted the lead singer on the head, taking him clean off his feet, resulting in a visit to A&E. Best ending ever to a crap gig.

1975 - Xmas function in the NAAFI at RAF St Athan, Jimmy James and the Vagabonds. They were so bad the troops could not even be bothered to fight amonst themselves (mandatory at every big NAAFI function). They directed their attentions towards the stage. If I remember correctly the MP's with attack dogs had to clear a way so 'the band' could escape. They left their gear behind which was skipped by the cleaners. Great night

BMR

Hi dont know about the worst, but just got back from the best. R.E.M. at Twickenham Stadium, the crowd wouldnt let em finish, also a fantastic light and video show. 100% Guys.

Top Bottom