Whats the sexiest road racing bike then?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Fossy's Herety is a really nice bike...

There was a Pinarello in my LBS recently (a customer's one, not for sale) that was gorgeous, lovely chromed forks, as I recall. In new bikes, the more expensive Bianchi's fit my ideal of the dream bike - completely impractical for the sort of stuff I do, but perhaps that's the point :angry:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Joe said:
Generally I prefer the old thin tubed, horizontal tt, quill stem style bike (on looks terms anyway). But I really love this Bianchi for some reason. Nothing too flash but it really works for me:biggrin:

Y8B41.jpg
Ar, but it ain't got no cowin' pedals :smile:

Rob S

If you want sexy it has to be a Colnago.

But not all Colnagos....it has to be a subdued paint sceme which pretty much rules out most modern stuff.

My dream....sadly owned by some other lucky bugger

phhfi4.jpg

A CF1

Colnago_02.jpg

And for those weird fixie people...

milan_show_07_11_hi.jpg

Will1985

Über Member
I love the look of this, the Bianchi 928 SL UD, but sadly is probably about £3000 out of my price range! I think you can get it with Zipps, but I would be happy with black Zondas and Chorus kit.

CYP199.bianchi.pack-400-90.jpg

fossyant said:
Do like the look of the Orbea Orca, ans strangely the seat clamp area - very neat....

Not brilliant shots but they help illustrate the feature...

Will1985

Über Member
Dave G said:
Would you take the stabilisers off first, Will?

Stabilisers? I thought that was part of the frame...that's why I like it! :smile:

Seriously though, my favourite bit is the shaping of the joints, especially the way the seatstays merge with the top tube and seat tube.

spesh

Disgruntled Goat said:
Custom made Italian carbon-with-titanium-lugs anyone?

Can't see Specialized making one any time soon.

Passoni Mito

2258496746_c67eea5dd4_o.jpg

Nice, but it really needs a full carbon Record groupset. :smile:

To be fair to Specialized, they had a go at ti-lugged carbon back in the early 90s on their S-Works hardtail frame. The cost of subcontracting the machining of the lugs meant they made a loss on every frame sold (about 1500 between 1991 and 1995).

Top Bottom