Whats the sexiest road racing bike then?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Disgruntled Goat said:
Custom made Italian carbon-with-titanium-lugs anyone?

Can't see Specialized making one any time soon.

Passoni Mito

2258496746_c67eea5dd4_o.jpg

That's dog ugly. Sorry.

jashburnham

Well I'm gonna vote for the Pinarello Prince, and yes I'm biased!

2231322150_435ab0e2ba_b.jpg

Now with matching red bar tape!

jashburnham

ChrisKH said:
Nice. Do you ever ride it or just polish it? :smile::biggrin:

It did a metric century on Sunday, no point in spending all that moolah and not riding. I do hate getting it grubby though, it gets cleaned before I do most of the time!

Landslide

Rare Migrant
They may be quick (under the right rider) but all these hunks of burnt plastic are to me in no way "sexy". It's like a gallery of silicone boob-jobs. Give me a skinny steel frame with a classy paint-job and some fancy lugwork any day!

jashburnham

Here we go, it's time for the "Steel is best" traditional yap yap yap. Sorry fellas, I like that old school design as well, but I like my roadies to be curvy!:smile:

jashburnham

Landslide said:
*Stuffs Thermos into Carradice saddlebag, strokes beard, then pedals off into the sunset*

:smile:

*Adjusts sandals?*

I wondered how long it would be before the gloves came off. I don't like the Pinarello, but somebody said they didn't like the Passoni - it's all in the eye of the beholder.

But I will make one comment.

Some people's imaginations are quite limited. There are more loads more beautiful bikes than mass-produced mid-spec bike from the likes of Spesh and Bianchi. Let your imagination run free chillen'.

I don't want to get into a slug-fest over what is sexy and what isn't but the Lynskey is hand-made from double and triple butted titanium manipulated to within an inch of it's life. The paintwork on these things are something to behold. Pictures don't do it justice. The kit's sweet as well.

But as I say, eye of the beholder.

Top Bottom