What's your next Audax?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
Hi @Always Cross . Actually I spoke to Mark Rigby (the organiser) about this last week, as my three friends are doing it as their very first audax, and were getting worried. He was being very relaxed about it all, as usual, but said he would be sending out emails very soon. If there is no sign of a reply by tomorrow (Monday night), I'll contact him again and mention your concerns. But mainly .... relax. This is normal.
The email from the organiser came today. Hopefully you should have received yours too. If not, try looking in your spam emails under "Mark Rigby". Might meet you on the day to say hello. I'll either be in my Cyclechat jersey or my Kingsway CC kit (as per my avatar).
Andy.

k_green

National 400 is my next Audax - just over 2 weeks! Excited and a little nervous!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
National 400 is my next Audax - just over 2 weeks! Excited and a little nervous!
Wow - you are really ramping up your ride distances ... I think that your longest ride was less than 100 miles (?) before my forum ride on Saturday when you intended to do 125 miles with us, but then you decided not to bother with your return train and rode home instead making it 140 miles, and now you are aiming for a 400 km ride (~250 miles) in a few weeks time - respect! I have never ridden more than 141 miles in my life and I started my adult riding career (probably) before you were born! :laugh:

Always Cross

Veteran
Yes I got the e mail this afternoon. Took a while to figure out how to get it onto the garmin. I should be easy to spot i'll be the one on 3 wheels. I'll try not to lose the Bevret card this time.

k_green

Wow - you are really ramping up your ride distances ... I think that your longest ride was less than 100 miles (?) before my forum ride on Saturday when you intended to do 125 miles with us, but then you decided not to bother with your return train and rode home instead making it 140 miles, and now you are aiming for a 400 km ride (~250 miles) in a few weeks time - respect! I have never ridden more than 141 miles in my life and I started my adult riding career (probably) before you were born! :laugh:
I'd done 2 century+ rides. But yeah, definitely not done as much as I'd planned before the 400! Hard fitting the long days in.
Eating lots and keeping it steady is the plan. Expecting to need the full time! We'll see!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'd done 2 century+ rides. But yeah, definitely not done as much as I'd planned before the 400! Hard fitting the long days in.
Eating lots and keeping it steady is the plan. Expecting to need the full time! We'll see!
I don't know where I got that idea from then! I do have an unreliable memory these days, but I could swear that SOMEBODY said that your longest ride was only 80-odd miles ... :wacko:

Anyway - good luck! :okay:

Always Cross

Veteran
Nice to meet you today Donger. I was right I was the strongest rider. Mistakes made today downloaded route to Garmin on Thursday went to use it today and it had disappeared along with my pre loaded maps. So used only the routs sheet missed a turn and ended up adding 5km to the distance. Tried to use ViewRanger on the phone for maps but Gloucester area not loaded on. Makes me think maybe paper maps and route sheet would be simpler. You live and learn.

AlanW

Guru
Who rode the Over the Hills and Far Away Audax today, someone was wearing a cyclechat jersey as I followed you up the high street from the start

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
Who rode the Over the Hills and Far Away Audax today, someone was wearing a cyclechat jersey as I followed you up the high street from the start
That would be me! I always like to start at the front and let people pass me steadily so that I have a stream of people to follow. It backfired on me today when the organiser announced "Follow Andy"!. And most people did for the first 10 miles! Good job I went the right way. Nice to meet @Always Cross. Can't believe I didn't think to take a picture of him in his recumbent for him to have. Quite breezy today, but enjoyed it, and so did my clubmates, who had never done an audax before.

AlanW

Guru
I was wearing the red, white and green Beacon RCC club kit and I followed you as far as the first island at the top of the high street, then headed out solo and it remained like that till I finished :sad:

Top Bottom