What's your next Audax?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tilley

Über Member
As injury prevented me from participating in Avon cycleway 130 and other summer commitments I am definitely hoping to sign up for Tasty Cheddar once again. I hope the weather is kinder this year and that i don't make the navigational error I made last year.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I have a couple of dumb audaxy questions.

I was expecting the organiser to stamp my card and give it back to me, but he put it neatly in a pile and hung on to it. No one else found this odd so I didn't say anything. I'm struggling to remember what happened on the previous audaxes that I've done. I'm sure I have just had it handed back to me, except on the "Italian Job" two years ago when I never got it back. Will I get it back eventually as a memento?

And on the subject of mementos, I know how much audaxders like their badges and stuff so I went to the badges and medals website to see if I could get a 400k badge to stick onto my rack pack, or a medal or something. I think I broke it, as it went down for "maintenance" as I was browsing. Anyway ....(a) I don't think there is a 400 badge and (b) I think that as I'm not an AUK member I'm not eligible. :sad: Am I right?

The card is sent off to be validated. You should receive it back in the post in a couple of weeks. Why didn't you just ask?

As to the badges and stuff.. dunno... don't do badges.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I was expecting the organiser to stamp my card and give it back to me, but he put it neatly in a pile and hung on to it. No one else found this odd so I didn't say anything. I'm struggling to remember what happened on the previous audaxes that I've done. I'm sure I have just had it handed back to me, except on the "Italian Job" two years ago when I never got it back. Will I get it back eventually as a memento?

Some organisers are set up for instant validation, but not many - I've only ever once encountered this, on the Kennet Valley Run a couple of years ago. Everyone else has to send the cards off to the validation secretary, but it will come back to you in the post, probably in a few weeks. Will probably take longer if it was a BRM event as they also have to be sent off to ACP in Paris for validation.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
The organiser also needs to be reliable and experienced to be approved for instant validation.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
The organiser also needs to be reliable and experienced to be approved for instant validation.

Unlike a certain North London club who buggered up and lost brevets and validations.
They no longer do their rides under the Audax banner.
It's a shame really, as their 200k was a great day out. But they just couldn't get it together.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Unfortunately such things do happen, but only very occasionally.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
2nd of sept is the next calendar event I can do .Mr Pickwick goes to Hay in a Day from Tewkesbury.

Not sure if I have ridden it before or not. Theres a few different Mr Pickwick rides.Need to get a few miles in before then or its going to be hard work .

Top Bottom