What's your next Audax?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fiona R

Formerly known as Cranky Knee Girl
I don't think you were alone. I kept popping out of hedges in front of fast, club riders much to their amusement (not). I got soaked at the Hinton Blewitt control and my forearms had horrific cramp problems coming off Dundry. I found it hard to descend slowly in the wet, cold muck. And to add to my problems: Another rider kindly advised me a young cyclist had died descending too quickly, right at that very spot I was on!

I'll be better equipped this year.
I must have seen you both as we were at Hinton Blewitt pub in that almighty rain, started after the Gorge for us. that nasty hill is my nemesis far too gravelly and slippy. Would not be able to do audax without my garmin.

U

User169

Audax Dutch-style. Waiting for a ferry...

IMG_3391.JPG

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Boekelo 600. I'm about 315km in and hiding out in McDonalds somewhere in Germany for a couple of hours rest.

It's quite lumpy by Dutch audax standards. I think we've done about 2500m in the first 300.

View attachment 370176
600k with rucksacks on? Crumbs. Have the Dutch never heard of Carradice?

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Looks like I'll be helping route-test a 200. Then it'll be eyeballs out on the club's open 25, just for a change.
The Mad March route check was the wettest ride this year by a long way. The 6km ascent to the top of Exmoor was nice, though.

The 25, today, was definitely not audax, so I won't mention how much 'fun' it was.

U

User169

600k with rucksacks on? Crumbs. Have the Dutch never heard of Carradice?

Yeah. Bit weird that, although one of them was carrying a camelback type thingy. He finished LEL, so I guess he knows what he's doing.

There was a Japanese guy with a Carradice.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
I will be doing my first Audax on Sunday, The East Midlands Forest 200 km https://gb.mapometer.com/cycling/route_2912918.html

I`ll be heading east into @Supersuperleeds @tallliman @13 rider territory :hello:

Yep, ridden pretty much all those roads. It's a lumpy route though they have missed some of the bigger ones out and at least you go down Beacon Hill not up it.

Some very nice roads there, hope you enjoy it.

@tallliman and @13 rider - I think we should be looking at doing this next year :okay:

Top Bottom