What's your next Audax?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lilliburlero

Pro sandbagger
Yep, ridden pretty much all those roads. It's a lumpy route though they have missed some of the bigger ones out and at least you go down Beacon Hill not up it.

Some very nice roads there, hope you enjoy it.

@tallliman and @13 rider - I think we should be looking at doing this next year :okay:

Cheers buddy, really looking forward to it :bicycle:

Maybe we could pencil it in for 2018 :smile:

13 rider

Guru
I will be doing my first Audax on Sunday, The East Midlands Forest 200 km https://gb.mapometer.com/cycling/route_2912918.html

I`ll be heading east into @Supersuperleeds @tallliman @13 rider territory :hello:
Does look a nice route . What time you off ? I may see you on the road
Yep, ridden pretty much all those roads. It's a lumpy route though they have missed some of the bigger ones out and at least you go down Beacon Hill not up it.

Some very nice roads there, hope you enjoy it.

@tallliman and @13 rider - I think we should be looking at doing this next year :okay:
I'm up for it

Lilliburlero

Pro sandbagger
Does look a nice route . What time you off ? I may see you on the road

I'm up for it
EAST MIDLANDS FORESTS 207KM

Sunday, 3rd September 2017

Organised by CTC East Midlands Region

under the regulations of Audax UK

Start: 08.00 in groups, check-in opens at the hall at 07.15

From: Moira village hall, at Daybell Island, Ashby Road, Moira, DE12 6DZ

Thank you for your entry to the 207km event, routesheet enclosed. Key :

L turn left SO Straight on

R turn right X Cross roads

T T junction O roundabout

SP sign post imm immediately

DEENE place passed through Melton place signposted but not passed

On arrival please collect your Brevet Card from the village hall check-in and get evidence that you have been to each control and the finish as proof of passage for the ride to be validated.

There are 3 types of control:

Tea room controls The first two tea rooms will have stickers (or a till receipt is ok)

Wistow/ Blaby obtain a till receipt

Information control The Brevet Card will include an easy question about an item

you pass which should be answered in the box provided.

Finish A helper will stamp your card

Control details:

Landyke Lane End 09.46 - 11.32 Tea room (drinks and cakes)

Rockingham 11.28 - 14.56 Tea room

Blatherwycke Information control

Wistow/ Blaby 13.20 - 18.40 Choice - Tea room or Co-op store

Moira finish 14.54 - 21.48 Sandwiches, fruit, cakes and drinks

Wistow tea room closes at 17.00. After that time (or if you prefer), carry on and get a till slip from the Texaco garage with Co-op store at Blaby on the routesheet.

Car Parking at the hall is free. Please park tidily and reasonably close to other vehicles to enable everybody to fit in since there is a 100km event starting afterwards. Hot drinks will be available before the start at the village hall.

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
I'm down to do the London Sightseer on Sunday, though I'm having second thoughts having seen the routesheet - 4 A4 pages of closely-packed turn instructions.

Frustratingly, the organiser initially offered a GPX to entrants, but two requests for it have gone unanswered, and it's getting a bit late now ...

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
I'm down to do the London Sightseer on Sunday, though I'm having second thoughts having seen the routesheet - 4 A4 pages of closely-packed turn instructions.

Frustratingly, the organiser initially offered a GPX to entrants, but two requests for it have gone unanswered, and it's getting a bit late now ...

Can you find a previous year's GPX online? I found a route I needed this way. Or you could ask another participant if you know anyone doing it. Or just tag along with a group.

It doesn`t look like Nice Pies is one of the stops :sad:

That doesn't have to stop you going!

@Supersuperleeds, yep could do!

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
My Kentish weekend has arrived. Did the Thanet platinum 200 which has left me more wiped out than expected. Tougher than the simple elevation stats suggest.

A great route, a splendid venue and I met some nice people. Thanks @smutchin

Glad you enjoyed it, and thanks for coming along. I'm really pleased with how it all went, and already planning to repeat it next year.

Several people commented on the hills, but it's really not that hilly a route! I think it's just that the hills all come in short bursts with flat bits in between.

Forgot to ask you yesterday - did you approve of the info control questions?

Top Bottom