What's your next Audax?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Did a test ride of (most of) the 110km route for my September event this morning. It’s a revised route with a different middle section to last year’s edition and I’m very pleased with it. Not sure if the riders will feel so happy - it’s a fair bit lumpier than last year’s route.

1,309m of climbing in 96km according to my Garmin. Not AAA territory but definitely not flat.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I need to get entering some more.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Got a couple to do to complete this years RRTY. Need to decide if standard 200 or fit in a 300 and 400 to complete SR for this year.

Make hay while the sun shines and isn’t too hot. Go big.

I’ve decided to go for my first RRTY which would complete in April all being well. Worst months saved for last. Not clever. Surprisingly, my August window is one of the trickiest. I’ll have to do a mid week ride I think.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
London Orbital 300 next weekend.

Ajax Bay

Guru
Blackpool-Glasgow-Blackpool 600k this weekend
On the Raleigh 20, I presume :smile:
dscf5552-jpg.jpg

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I've entered my first PBP-qualifier - @Ian H's Back to the Smoke 400 (25/5/19). Should be fun. I've made a shortlist of rides I'm thinking of doing for qualifiers but most of them aren't open for entry yet. Given how quickly the WCW 600 and LWL 400 have filled up, I'm thinking I'd best sign up reasonably promptly when they do open.

Next ride will probably be the Fairies Crown & Anchor 200 (7/10/18) but I've not got round to entering yet. After that will aim to do a couple of the ACME Winter 100 series.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
As a bigger 2019 challenge Ive been route planning St David's - Lowestoft C2C over two days (not an Audax) but at even with a convenient overnight stop with friends about half way I think it would probably be beyond me.

That sounds like a cracking ride. Looks like it would be a bit over 600km. You should definitely do it as a DIY audax.

Top Bottom