What's your next Audax?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ajax Bay

Guru
I've entered my first PBP-qualifier
A month later than me - I have even had acknowledgement of a place in the Bryan Chapman Memorial back from the organiser (after postal entry).
Back to the Smoke
I went to the midday start of 'Back to the Smoke' this year and @Ian H dished out the cards outside Exeter St David's station and then said "Well I suppose you may as well go!" in his time-honoured fashion. About 25 seemingly well-prepared riders set of, and another two an hour later after their delayed train came in.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
A month later than me - I have even had acknowledgement of a place in the Bryan Chapman Memorial back from the organiser (after postal entry).

BCM has been on my to-do list for some years now. I will get round to it one day... Maybe I will make it my target for next year.

I went to the midday start of 'Back to the Smoke' this year and @Ian H dished out the cards outside Exeter St David's station and then said "Well I suppose you may as well go!" in his time-honoured fashion. About 25 seemingly well-prepared riders set of, and another two an hour later after their delayed train came in.

I wanted to do it this year but the timings didn't work out. I love the idea of getting the train down to Exeter on Saturday morning then essentially riding home. (Might even continue on past Marylebone into Kent if I feel up to it. We'll see...)

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
After properly joining Audax U.K. I went mad and signed up for 200k Witham and Blues from Waddington and 105k Season of Mists which I will ride to and from the start to make it a nice Imperial 100+ :ohmy:
I was just thinking that I had never heard of local event 'Witham and Blues' but then I discovered that it is from the Waddington in Lincolnshire, not the one in Lancashire! :laugh:

I'm in for Season of Mists! :okay:

Rustybucket

Veteran
Im planning on starting Audax next year, in order to ride PBP, here’s my planned rides. Just need my dodgy Hamstring to heal now, so that I can start riding again!

F5E5C1C4-C723-45BD-BE72-5C52B5A4D11A.png

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Witham and Blues 200k
93C12E75-C665-4854-99DA-4DCF2828417B.jpeg
ready !

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
That's a lot of kit for 200k. I'll have a small saddlebag. And I'm not prepped.

I had the same size saddlebag on my recent 600 and that was only because I had to fit my bivvy, sleeping bag and mat in it. For the 1000 in June I had a hotel sleep stop so used the Barley and found that plenty big enough.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Ah, fair enough!

The 600 was actually the first time I've had a proper reason to my Super C even though I've had it five years. I've thought about it many times but it always seems a bit overkill for anything other than full touring.
The other saddle bag is a tad too small so I thought the Nelson will do for Audax and full days out.

Top Bottom